Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick MOT as per the Route in STO created in ECC

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Background:

In the current solution we are not using TLB. The STO are created manually in ECC based on some business logic.

Problem:

Initially we had one Means of transport so every thing was working fine as per the solution design. Now in ECC we have created 2 routes for example Road and Sea with different transportation times. In APO we have 2 Means of transports road and sea with similar times in the route. Now as explained earlier we create STO in ECC and not in TLB, even if the route in the STO is road or sea in APO its picking the first MOT, this is creating different availability dates in ECC and in APO. As we have very long lead times the production planning is also getting affected. How do we link the route in ECC to MOT in APO. We are maintain transportation time in 0VTC.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Where in system you are making it clear, which MOT it should pick while creation or change, you have to give that logic to system somewhere.

Probably you can explore exit "EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLVCRM_002" , shipment scheduling user exit in APO for this.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

In ECC when the STO is created at that time the corresponding route is entered in the STO. so this is the point we know which Mot should be used. But I am not able to link the route in ECC with the MOT in APO.

I feel this would be a standard requirement for most of the business if they are not using TLB and TPVS.

If there is not standard way of doing it then we may go for the suggested exit.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

ECC Route is is part of ECC Transportation and Delivery scheduling,

( http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/EN/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm )

and is not directly linked to SCM means of transport in standard SCM.  The analogue to Route in SCM is found in shipment scheduling in SCM.  If you wish to link route to alternative Means of Transport, you will need to use an enhancement.

If you elect to use the more standard 'shipment scheduling' functionality to schedule your STOs instead of an enhancement, you do not need to implement the entire TLB or TPVS, you can pretty much implement just the shipment scheduling functionality.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm700_ehp02/helpdata/EN/05/f8923945b12c4de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does anyone know a way to link the Means of Transport with the Route in ECC?

It works both ways.

I have seen APO SNP pick MOT method #2 (AIR) but then ECC is not made aware of this and just selects the Route (Ground).   And I have seen users manually change the Route in ECC (Air or Ground) but then APO is not updated.

I was told you need TPVS/TMS for this type of integration.

Is there any enhancement or user exit that can connect/link these data points?  That would be GREAT.

Ken

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Did you find any solution for this issue as we have also similar requirement?

Thanks,

Lalit

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not seen any solution except user exits.

Ken

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You could convert the STO into a Delivery and assign the Route to the delivery. This would recalculate the dates based on the transportation method.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even TLB won't help.  I am not aware of any method except using TPVS or new TMS.