cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate all attributes of taxonomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folk

Need a sugegstion for my issue in Production.

Present situation: Outbound Map in Material repository, is syndicating the Taxonomy attributes only if the attributes are with value.

In MDM Materials table taxonomy attribute value is given, and then it syndicates the value in the output xml file and updates that in the target ECC system. There are sometimes the user feels the value is not suited and deletes the value of the attribute in the Data Manager. Then as MDM syndicator is syndicating out only the attributes which has value, it is not syndicating the attribute whose value is deleted. This creates an in synch of the data between the MDM and the ECC system.

Please suggest.

Regards

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have raised it to SAP, and they mentioned this feature as not available in their present version.

Regards

Shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

To ensure all fields are syndicated even if there are no values in MDM, please review Destination items tab in syndicator. If you wish to have all fields be syndicated from MDM to target system even if there is no value for a particular field. Open Map thru Syndicator , Hover to Destination tab --> click on the field(s) and mark it as required (Check mark) under properties. This action will add field node to scheduled xml file even if there is no value.

Please let me know if any queries/concerns/issues.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

Just making the Segment and the fieds to required.. displays the segment and fields one time.But here am talking reg the taxonomy which has atmost 10 attributes.. and as the segment is repeated it wud be displayed for all the attributes which has value.

I want the attributes which has no value also to be in the output file.

Regards

shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

My understanding about issue: You want all fields in the syndication map to be syndicated to destination system regardless of the fact whether each field has value or not. Please correct if i am wrong!

Attributes refer to fields in table-  Please confirm this too!

As conveyed in the above message- Each field should be made required in destination tab.

Also, I hope you also unchecked a Map property "Supress unchanged records". Please review the map properties tab and uncheck this option. This will ensure all records (whether changed/unchaged) will be syndicated to target system.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This here is not about all the fields in MDM.Please see the map image which was given in my intial post.

A segment which is repeatative , with only name and value mapped to ATNAM and ATWRT.

If there is any Attribute name with a value then only the segment is getting repeated in outbound file.

I want it to repeat for all the attribue names even there is no value selected for it.

Regards

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

This would require a XSD modification and is not a major change.

Please find the snapshot attached which shows the segment to be made madatory in XSD.

In the XSD make AUSPM as a Required node and update the XSD.

The following excerpt from Syndicator Reference Guide explains how to do it

To update or switch a map's XML schema:

1. Choose File > Update XML Schema… from the main menu (map must

be in an unmodified state for this option to be enabled).

2. Choose the new or updated XML schema and its related properties.

3. Syndicator refreshes the map's Destination items tree with the

information contained in the selected XML schema.

NOTE ►► Existing destination items and mappings may change or

disappear according to the new XML schema. Syndicator displays

warnings and enters log messages in these cases.

Once done,please test the scenario and come back with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

With respect to the following thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1797486 :

We have implemented a MDM solution and  let’s say 25% of the job is done; now we are looking for possibilities in MDG as ours is a ECC centric landscape. How feasible it is to migrate from MDM to MDG in terms of cost involved and what could be the potential challenges.

Regards,

Shamit