cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in running or downloading document after updating to Mobile BI app ver 4.4.27.17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just last week, I updated my mobile BI app on my iPhone and iPad from 4.4.18 to the latest version 4.4.27.17, I am unable to run any existing mobile WEBI reports that I was able to run a week ago under version 4.4.18.

Every time I logon, I can see my available documents and it will try to download and I get "Error: Session Closed"  Others on my team have not  updated their iOS app, except one other person and those of us with the latest version get the error and those with the prior version 4.4.18 are able to execute the WEBI reports just fine on the mobile device.

It worked on both of my devices prior to updating the app and I've clear out the app data, re-created the connection and still have the error.  I was wondering if any one else has updated their app to the latest version in iTunes and experience or not the same issue.

Thanks

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We figured out the issue was actually a security change to the role that was done recently in between the updates of the two different versions, so it was timing between runing reports in the prior version of the app vs. the new version and security changing an authorization in the role that made it seem like an app version issue.

closing this out.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

What version of BI 4.x are your running?  You should be running BI 4.0 w/ SP5 for best compatibility with BI for iPad ver 4.4.27.17

If your BI 4.0 version is too old it will NOT support some on new enhancements supported within the latest version of BI Mobile for iPad.

Regards,

Ajay