Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field on the UI: Name vs Description

Manoj_Kapoor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

By default field "Location" on the Master Agreement shows Location Name. Is it possible to show the Location Description.

If yes, how can this be achieved.

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I have an idea. Sorry if it is a bit cumbersome, but I can't think about another way to do this.

You can create a value list with all the Descriptions of the locations. Then, create an extension definition for the description and use the previously created value list to pick the value to add. Last, add the extension definition to the master agreement under page customization.

Regarding the location field. This is a compulsory field and therefore cannot be hidden. If you hide  field that is required you won't be able to add the document, but you will not get the right info in the error.

Marcella 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

If i understand your requirement correctly you want to change the value of location field from location name 'Bangalore' to location description.

If that is the case you may have to write a custom query to fetch description instead of name and add that to the location picker query group "FCI-LocationBuyPicker" then you can select description in the location field.

Hope this helps to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Gurvi.