cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split CO Assignment of One Item in the Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

nHi Experts,

In the sales order, my company currently enters same SERVICE material as item 10, 20 and 30 with amount $1k, 2k and 3k because Finance wants item 10, 20 and 30 to be posted to internal order A, B and C respectively.  However, in the billing output document, we would like to only show one line for $6k because customer only needs to see one line.  The amount and internal order are manually entered due to to their dynamic nature, therefore, we do not maintain pricing for this service material.  Also, the number of internal orders for split accounting varies. 

1) If we only enter item 10 with a total amount 6k, is there a standard method (I mean by configuration) to split this line into several subitems when creating sales orders and allow users to enter account determination information such as internal order for each sub items?  If so, could you please explain how to do that?

2) I would assume that sale BOM would not work for this scenario due to its dynamic nature.  However, I created a sale BOM just for testing purpose.  When I enter the main material in the order,  it does not explode into subitems.  How do I make the subitems appear in the sales order?

3) If I keep the order creation process as is, is there any standard method to group item 10, 20 and 30 into one line in the billing document since three items have the same material?

4) If I keep both order and billing as is, is there a standard method to group items into one line in the output?

If you could shed some lights on any of above questions, it would be gratefully appreciated!!

Thanks.

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

Usually, these sort of scenario billing doc from VF03/VF02 is not showed to the customer. Right? We usually, use output types to represent billing doc. Therefore, for this requirement of yours you can take help of ABAPer for smartform, to have logic in place to club same service material on output. But, this would be a form/script enhancement.

For,

When I enter the main material in the order,  it does not explode into subitems.  How do I make the subitems appear in the sales order?

You can refer my response in following discussion and recheck your BOM relevant config:

- BOM error

Also, you can refer SAP Note 549341 - FAQ: BOMs in the sales order

In addition to that, you are right. As scenario is dynamic in nature. BOM functionality may not be helpful in your requirement.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Jennifer

Answers (0)