cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with system copy NW7.01 using SW Provisioning Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced with problem when trying to make system copy of my NW7.01(BW) system using Software Provisioning Manager (70SWPM10SP01_6-20009706.sar) on Windows IA64 + Oracle. Sapinst on step for Oracle client medium wants me to provide a non-existing (according to official sources of information) Oracle client v 11.2 for Windows IA64. When I tried to provide the one which is available for this platform I got the following message: "Found the label ORACLE:10.0G:CLRDBMS:Oracle RDBMS 10g CD:WINDOWS_IA64:IA64:CD51030xxx but need the label ORACLE:11.2:CLIENT:*:WINDOWS_IA64:*".

If anyone faced with this issue or knows how to bypass this check and supply the latest available Oracle client 10.2.0.5 V3 on WinIA64 on this step,please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vladimir

i will try and find the doc i made when i did the work around and post it for intresting reading.

please let me know what sap says

best regards

marius

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vladimir

please also see Note 1110995 - Extended maintenance for Oracle Version 10.2

For the operating system platforms Linux on Power, Windows Itanium, and Linux Itanium, Oracle no longer provides Oracle 11.2 support. As a result, customers on these platforms cannot upgrade to Version 11.2. For this reason, the extended support for Version 10.2.0.5 on these operating system platforms is free of charge until the end of July 2013

you also specified the RDBMS CD you need to speciy the client

location for 10.2.0.5

www.service.sap.com/swdc

-> Database and Database Patches

-> Oracle

-> Database

-> Oracle 64-Bit

-> Oracle 10.2 64-Bit

-> Installation

-> Microsoft Windows

-> Oracle Database

-> ORACLE Client 10.2.0.5 V3

regards

marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be crystal clear I specified in my first post Oracle client from media #51033272. The similar output would be with Oracle client from media #51042929 ORACLE Client 10.2.0.5 V3. It gives error "You entered: F:\TEMP\OCL_WINDOWS_IA64

Found the label ORACLE:10.0G:CLRDBMS:Oracle Instantclient 10.2.0.5 V3:WINDOWS_IA64:IA64:CD5104xxxx but need the label ORACLE:11.2:CLIENT:*:WINDOWS_IA64:*".

When I tried to cheat by changing label.asc on next step I got the error "An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1 Support Release 1 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > Oracle > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Execution of the command "C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\sapinst_exe.3812.1366254972\SAPCAR.exe -x -v -i -f F:/TEMP/OCL_WINDOWS_IA64/OCL11264.SAR, dbclient.lst" finished with return code 6. Output: SAPCAR: error opening F:/TEMP/OCL_WINDOWS_IA64/OCL11264.SAR (error 6). The system cannot find the file specified. SAPCAR: 0 file(s) extracted)." Well I can experiment further by changing the archive file name, but this is not correct way to follow.

I opened message on SAP Support and will see what they say.

By now I solved my problem as follows:

- install db soft and restore and open db instance

- create OS users and groups (sapinst->Product->Software Life-Cycle Options->Additional Preparation Options->OS users and Groups)

- install SAPMMC

- install SAP hostagent

- restoring usr folder and manually assigning NTFS permissions and creating sapmnt/saploc shares

- restore registry hive for HKLM\Software\SAP\<SAPSID> and HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\<SAP Service Name>

- run sapstartsrv.exe from instance exe folder for creating service.

Of cause I would not do this way for production system, this is QAS and I did not find a better way.

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vladimir

I know this is not the right solution but I once changed the LABEL.ASC so that the installation can continue and completed for oracle client.

best regards

marius

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi polyashov

you are using the wrong CD file, you require the one for oracle 11g and not 10g,

have tried using cd 51041940

best regards

marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marius hi

I can try but don't think it will help - this cd does not have Oracle client for Windows IA64 (Itanium) platform at all. Oracle have not released version 11 for Windows on Itanium, therefore it is weird to see such requirement from new SAPinst included in SWPM.

Regards,

Vladimir