cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we raise an alert mail to user if my ecc proxy fails to reach PI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement like...Suppose if my ECC proxy fails to generate a message or if any other connectivity issue in ECC side then I need to generate a alert mail to user in automatic process.

Any insights on this would really be appreciated.Please share your views on this.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Tulasiram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasiram,

I think you need to write an abap program in ECC, to get the error message from respective appliaction.

Then the ABAP program should send an email to the respective users.

Check this link:

http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2004/09/08/sending-e-mail-from-abap--version-610-and-high...

Regards,

Sreeni.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasiram,

There is another option to trigger an alert mail from ECC apart from the above 2 methods i.e with the help of Alert category. You need to create an alert category using T-code ALERTCATDEF. Within the alert category create the suitable containers and unique identifier etc. and then assign the respective users / roles to receive the alert. Then in your interface program you need to do the validations for each possible application error or exception and fill the alert container with appropriate error description. By using the function module: SALERT_CREATE_API trigger the alert.

For connectivity errors as described by Ambrish, CCMS configuration can be done.

Regards,

Samir

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do validations, (error handling and exception handling) in the proxy code and generate an email (through a standard function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1) to generate emails. Additional configuration might be required in T code SCOT.

For connectivity issues, standard CCMS alert can be set up as a part of standard alert monitoring in ECC and email can be sent. You don't need to worry about it in the code.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for the quick reply...

I will work it out...