cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC Invoice Collaboration - Tax Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on setting up the Supplier Invoice Scenario in SNC 7.02 (Where Supplier creates an Invoice w.r.t. PO / ASN from Web UI which on publishing creates a corresponding Logistics Invoice on ECC side)

Our client uses Sabrix for tax calculation on the ECC side (This containes multiple tax rates for a given tax code based on several factors  viz., Jurisdiction Code / Material Type / Country etc.,) . So, we cannot utilize the std. tax calculation setup on SNC.

We are evaluating the below 2 options:

a) Allow suppliers to manually enter the tax rate / tax amount in the Web UI at the time of invoice Creation. On pubslihing, this will be sent over to ECC where the tax amount is validated with Sabrix Calculation and the ECC invoice posted only when the tax anount is correct.

b)  Replicate the Tax calculation of sabrix at the time of Invoice creation (Interface with Sabrix) - Complex option

We are looking for references / inputs where a SNC Invoice scenario has been setup under similar constraints (Where the std. tax config table in SNC cannot be used).

Thanks

Bharath Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using invoice collabration scenarios with SNC and also having SABRIX as tax calculation tool. We used option "1" for tax calculation. We also implemented open text to verify incomming invoice, in the open text we compare tax amount sent by supplier (by SNC) and tax amount in PO (from SABRIX), if it is different then raise exception workflow and buyer or AP has to fix the issue. You can also use similar logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purushottam,

Thanks for the inputs. Infact we are also having Opentext VIM and are planning to process the SNC Invoices received on ECC through it.

Can you give more clarity on the below 2 points:

1. On SNC, how did you remove the system tax calculation and made it as a user input? Did you add tax amount field or did you make the tax rate editable?

2. Once we use Opentext VIM on ECC, we no longer need to define OBCA/OBCD/OBCE tables on ECC right?

Thanks

Bharath

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. On SNC, how did you remove the system tax calculation and made it as a user input? Did you add tax amount field or did you make the tax rate editable?---- I think we made supplier to add tax amount. I will double check and let you know.

2. Once we use Opentext VIM on ECC, we no longer need to define OBCA/OBCD/OBCE tables on ECC right?--- No this is not correct. Even we have VIM on ECC, still we need to define tables OBCA, OBCD ad OBCE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purshottam,

I wanted to give you more info regarding the process we are planning to have for posting SNC Invoices in ECC. We are working on a enhancement as part of Open Text VIM where all the Invoices coming from external systems (SNC / EDI / Paper etc.,) will be processed as part of a workflow where:

1. The Compnay Code to which the Invoice needs to be posted on ECC will be determined based on a variety of conditions - This makes the OBCA table irrelevant

2. The Tax Amount in the Inbound Invoice will be compared with the Sabrix calculated tax and suitable action taken- This makes the OBCD table irrelevant.

Don't you guys also have a similar process in place?

Also if you get more details on how #1 was accomplished in your project, please share the same.

Thanks,

Bharath

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using std SAP table OBCA to determine co code to which the invoice needs to be posted on ECC system.

We are also using OBCD table to determine tax code in invoice (Tax rate is determined by SABRIX).  We are using VIM to compare amount & tax in incomming invoices (EDI, SNC, Paper etc) with amount & taxes in PO (Taxes in PO is determined by SARBIX). If amount doesn't match VIM/open text triggers exception workflow before posting invoices.

I will provide some more info for point#1 by end of tomorrow.

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Bharat,

I double checked in system and understood we are not using table OBCA to determine co code  in  incomming invoice, however we are using OBCD table to determine tax code for invoice comming from SNC. I aplologies for earlier response and confusion.

Please refer OSS note Note 1077737 - Tax handling not correct in invoice collaboration for details how to handle tax in SNC. We have configured tax code and tax rate in SNC, which supplier selects during invoice creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Purshottam.

Good day! Are you still using SNC? I wonder if you could help me in a different issue. We cannot see the ASNs when we execute Documents Requiring Invoices. If you would please help, kindly reply in this thread instead.

Documents Requiring Invoices - Not showing ASNs

Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

Many happy ripples!

Answers (0)