cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B addon - EDIFICE - how to setup CC to use custom xsd for translation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a situation where the existing incoming EDI file (SLSRPT) used by client is actually customized EDIFICE.

Running through existing EDI Separator Scenario, we hit the error saying missing segment for the xsd for SLSRPT (because the converter is using existing xsd of the SLSRPT provided by SAP)

So, in PI7.31 SP1, we have copied a version of the SLSRPT and customize the message.

The question now is, how do I setup the EDI Separator in the communication channel to use the my custom xsd message to translate the incoming EDI file into corresponding XML?

Thank you.

Regards,

Hanyean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hanyean,

Is the problem solved in the meantime or does it still persist?

Please note that you can modify the content, shipped by SAP.

Afterwards, you need to import the modified XSD into your ESR and use it in your mapping and scenario.

I also had the problem with compliance of SAP content with the message structure we use.

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2013/04/28/the-sap-pi-b2b-add-on-edi-capabilities-...

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dimitri,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes you are right that SAP have come up with SP1 and a new patch (about a 1-2 week back) for us to create our custom SLSRPT message.

We have implemented that and my error is solved by defining unique key in the table B2B_EDI_CTRL_IF (IF_INDEX and EDI_CTRL_KEY is not key fields).

Once you defined that, you can translate the custom message SLSRPT.

Just to update as well, we do not need to add any extra parameter in the EDI Separator's  communication channel - somehow it is intelligent enough to find the correct translation.

Regards,

Hanyean

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanyean,

Good to hear you problem is solved.

I guess you defined rules in the Control Key Scenario Association part. Doing this will fill up the relevant EDI tables.

Indeed, you do not need to explicitly define any mapping in the EDI separator adapter. Only indicate the converter module (in case this is needed of course) and its parameters.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (0)