cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control SCREEN behavior dynamically using FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz,

I need a way to control the behavior of screen fields by FPM dynamically,based on the Login user and inputs filled in the first step(in roadmap) UI Fields in the next/previous screens should change..like for different user based on the inputs he fills in the first step ,the UI fields in the next screen should appear automatically.

0          in-visible

1          Visible

2          optional

3          mandatory    

these are possible behaviors of the UI fields , according log-in user and the inputs from the 1st step...I will get the matrix of UI controls from a table... with out using a WD ABAP WDUI_VISIBILITY and code in design time ... is there any FPM configuration available to achieve this.

Long time back I have seen a blog of changing the UI behavior using FPM ..I couldn't able recollect them...please help to sort out this

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes it is possible in FPM. Through Context Based Adaptation you can achieve this.

Please refer the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/36/9c3dc95f424b5d96852887e4bba055/content.htm

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20create%2C%20enhance%20and%20adapt%20floorplan%20ma...

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Praveen,

Thanks for the response, I didn't get a clear picture with

Enabling an Application for CBA, how could I implement this in my scenario...could please elobrate for me .

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you want to achieve only

0          in-visible

1          Visible

2          optional

3          mandatory .

This can be achieved within the feeder itselelf. For ex. IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM interface has CT_FIELD_USAGE parameter type FPMGB_T_FIELDUSAGE.

In that table type structure you can set visibility,mandatory property of th field.

Context based adaptation is useful when we want to switch the configuration according to the user role and country.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the inputs, let me explain my requirement more clearly which helps me to get suggestions from you.

When user Logins to my app based on the his ID/CaseNo(application parameters) all the fields  in Step1 are filled automatically(FM/Class).And the from here to next steps when user navigates by clicking on Next(Previous after  2nd Step)...the UI Fields will act(visbile/in-vis/mandatory/optional) according to the logic .

What I thought to achive this to use the different FPM Component configurations for the each of the case and I will call the respective  FPM CompConf based the condition.

Am looking to know is there any another best and easy way to do this, am very new to FPM...so not able catch your context adaption or Feeder class you explained me earlier.

I don't understand the concept of using the feeder class(for IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM) , in my case all a re the customm definied UIBBS and how can I apply this Feeder to my (WD views)...i found all are the vis/in-vis/mand fields are in the interface..

If don't mind, shall I expect more help on this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Feeder class concept is useful is for that only when you are using generic UIBB's in your application.

But you are using FLUID(Webdynpro Component) in your application so that is not useful.

From my point of view you should go with your previous approach WD ABAP WDUI_VISIBILITY.

1.According to your application you never how many roles and user may use this application so if you will with swap the config then how many config you will create.

2. You are talking about the role , this is another context which can be handled from PFCG. you create a role and according to the role you can hide unhide the field and pull the the data from DB table.

Thanks

Praveen Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for inputs, yes you are right am using the WD ABAP component so can't see the use of feeder class.

And for my scenario am thinking to use the Component Configurations, I may get max of 20-24 scenarios so for each scenario am creating a separate component configuration and I will maintain all these in a custom table at run time I can use the right Component config based on the condition.

Is there any FPM stranded way of doing validations on the mandatory fields, I have been through the following link for the same

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3206946

but I couldn't able to understand how can I implement this, as of now am thinking to modify the

cl_wd_dynamic_tool=>check_mandatory_attr_on_view...as per my requirement.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajesh