cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS configuration in Ecc 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Ecc 6.0 Abap stack , Our HR team need Adobe Document Services to be installed on the server .....I am new to this configuration ,,,please guide me on how to proceed with the same..

Rableen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi rableen khurana,

Adobe Document services is composed of two types of PDF, the first one is simple PDF and the otherone is Interactif forms.

As mentionned by Samuli, you have to install AsJAVA.

You must install the JAVA SDK. AsJAVA needs JCE_Policy file to proceed.

The other thing that you must know if you are maintaining the users in the AsABAP or AsJAVA.

You need a RFC connection between AsABAP and AsJAVA and the users for the communication(SAPJSF) and synchronisation ADSUSER and two accounts with role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN and SAP_J2EE_GUEST.

For Adobe Interactif Forms, you need a licence file from SAP.

AsJAVA Stack must be atleast SP11 and for the component ADS SP11.1.

I have this solution since 2007 and it works very well in our environnement.

Former Member
0 Kudos
bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Samuli is right. You have to install an AS Java seperately and select the usage type "Adobe Document Service" during installation. The dependencies are explained there.

After you have installed this "ADS"-system, you have to maintain connections to and from your ECC system.

It is descripbed here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/de/46/487f6d86360db6e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to install AS JAVA, ADS is automatically deployed. First make sure there is native support for ADS on your OS.