cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material blocking periodically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Please help,how to block the materials periodically.?(example: client wants to block the material from 1st to 5th of every month,after that material should work normally for all processes.

Regards

satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the point in blocking something for a limited period. There are n number of ways but you need to decide which way you want to do it. you can block materials, you can block vendors, you can block source list or in worst case at system level you can ask security personnel to create a role that will stop users to create PR/PO/GR.

honestly I dont see any logic in this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to t code ME01 (source list) enter your date from to , don't enter any vendor code & tick on  Block source of supply & save.

This is one way u can block material for procurement.

Regards

Subhash P

kedar0310
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Blocking through source list without entering any Vendor will block it from creating PO.

Can you please confirm will it block generating Purchase requisition also?

The question here says "material should be blocked for all processes".

Satya Narayana, can you please confirm if you mean all processes related to MM and PP (MRP etc) as well?

This can be achieved by changing the plant specific material status of the material.

The status can be selected depending upon the configuration. "Blocked" for example.

When required, the status can be changed back to "Active" (as per the configuration)

Best Regards,

Kedar Pujari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kedar,

Yes. It will not allow to create PR also.

If you block with Material master it require manual action to re active it, as there we can't block it for particular period.

Other side if we block with Source list it will block for defined period & will open it automatically.

And one more requirement of Satya is to block material for every month for particular period.

For this he can maintain date range for every month, so system will not allow to create any document for maintain date range.

for eg. u maintain date range as 01.05.2013 to 05.05.2013 in source list

& u are trying to create PO or PR today but delivery date is come in above range in this case system will give error message.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Subhash P.