cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Authorized to create Travel Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

I am unable to create Travel Request through ESS Portal. I am able to able to create an expense claim but not travel Request. As soon as i click "Create Advance" button on Portal, i get error message " No Authorization to create Travel request". I am able to create Travel request in test system, but not in Production system. I have compared roles in between two systems and everything is same.Any inputs will be greatly appreciated

Regards

SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you receive the message " No Authorization to create Travel request", it's pretty sure that there is an issue on the authorizations.

Did you set up an authorization trace (transaction ST01)? Object P_TRAVEL?

Did you also check the structural authorizations, if you're using those? (via transaction HRAUTH)

Best regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Thank You so much for your reply. The employee is creating travel request through ESS Portal. So we cannot set up a trace.

Regards

SD

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my opinion you should be able to to trace nevertheless, even if you are not using WDA but instead WDJ, the business logic and the authorization checks are always done in R/3 Backend. I agree with Jonathan, that it most likely fails at P_TRAVL... I can't really believe your use cases on DEV and PROD have the same Roles with the same permissions... Check with SU53 for last AUTH Check of the respective User or do a trace with ST01 as Jonathan suggested.

EDIT: If you can't find it out that way (what I don't think) you can still look up the error message in T100 for the message class, then go to SE91, search for the respective message class/number and then do a "used where" for the message to see actual spots in the coding where the message is thrown and then debug 😉

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Hi SD

From a basic point of view, you can try and debug where the error occurs from the function module ptrm_util_message_append but I'd expect you should also find the same error if the user tries to create an expense report from tcode PR05 also..no?

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks Like i have not stated my question clearly. I am adding some more details about the problem. Employees do not have access to SAP. They are accessing T&E through ESS portal for which back end application is Web Dynpro. So setting up trace and SU53 works only when employees login through SAP which is not the case here. There is no other information on the screen other than the error message "Not Authorization to create Travel Request".

Regards

SD

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Altough the user is on ESS, he connects to the R/3 backend system... Connection with his own user, specific user (via RFC) or other user from the JCo portal.

So you can always activate a trace (transaction ST01 and not SU53 last authorization check).

Best regards,

Jonathan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check your feature TRVPA properly. other than , You  need to assign your user id in IT0105 subtype 0001.

your error will go . try this.

Thanks

Anwar

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if the ee has 'SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER' role (or equivalent custom role) assigned to their ids.