cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM automated user group assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SAP HCM which is source for IDM7.2 and based on PERNR we are creating automated user ID's in back-end system (ECC).

While creating users, IDM should also do automated user group assignment. We have some 50+ user groups created in back-end system (ECC).

I dont want any common user group assignment, the user group should differ from user to user based on his department.

User Group names in ECC are like:

EU_NLX_FINA (euroope, Netherland, Finanace dept)

EU_STX_ADMN (europe, sittard, admin dept)

My question is how IDM will pickup user group and do automated user group assignment??,

IDM will decide user group based on HCM data like department feild??

Pls advise, how to implement it...

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Imran,

Let me try. I don't think there is anything out of box. You have to tell IdM how to do it. There needs to be a mapping for the User Groups (which is in ERP) and Departments (which is in HCM).

• Are departments coming from PA0001-ORGEH
  • How many departments are there
  • Is there a possibility to add a field in HCM which will have the User Group values like EU_NLX_FINA.

If departments are less, Maybe you could try updating the User Group attribute (MX_ADMIN_UNIT) when data is uploaded into the Staging Area. Enhance the pass "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" which calls a custom script and sets the value for MX_ADMIN_UNIT. In the script you could put your logic.

IF department_from_HCM = 013223.

return EU_STX_ADMN

elseif department_from_HCM = 013538

return EU_NLX_FINA

endif.

Check out this good article,which shows hows to get additional fields from HCM. You could use points from it to build your logic.

Cheers

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

I understood now, your answer was really helpful.

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards

Imran

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Imran,

Good to know that it was useful.

Can you please answer these questions. There might be others who may have a better solution to this. If your departments are large, it would not be feasible to hard code/maintain the IF conditions.

• Are departments coming from PA0001-ORGEH
  • How many departments are there
  • Is there a possibility to add a field in HCM which will have the User Group values like EU_NLX_FINA.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

• Are departments coming from PA0001-ORGEH --> yes
  • How many departments are there --> department values are huge, it is because there are many sub-departments. Hence we are deciding to map User group to main department.
  • Is there a possibility to add a field in HCM which will have the User Group values like EU_NLX_FINA.--> there is no such possibility.

Thank you again

Best Regards

Imran

Answers (0)