Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: SQL database connectivity

former_member329434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have requirement to connect MII with SQL database.  Does I need to Install PCo for establishing connection with database( OLEDB).

What Data server I have to select ? Please advise.

Or

Is there anyway, I can connect directly with DB..?

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

You need not to install PCo for a connecting MII to a SQL/Oracle DB.

All you need to do is upload and deploy the JDBC driver and configure IDBC connetor in the data servers of MII.

Please go through various posts available in this space for establishing connectivity to SQL DB.

Best Regards,

Anuj

former_member329434
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anuj,

Thank you.

How should I proceed for ODBC connection for microsoft sql server with MII ? Client is ready to provide only ODBC connection.

I have checked the properties of IDBC connector.. It has no provision for ODBC drivers..? pl guide .. how should i proceed for establishing connectivity and where I should i upload odbc drivers?

Regards,

Suman

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

To use any ODBC connection in MII you need to deploy PCo on a Windows Server and use the ODBC Source Agent and Agent Instance to provide the connection.  If you deploy PCo on a Windows Server 64bit operating system, you will also need to use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator instead of the default 64bit ODBCAdmin.  You can execute the 32bit ODBCAdmin from this path on the Windows Server:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

After you complete the PCo configuration you will need to create an MII PCoConnector datasource that can connect to PCo  to execute the ODBC queries from MII.

However, you will get better performance if you delploy the SQLServer JDBC driver in MII directly as Anuj indicated in a previous post.

Regards, Steve

OmarSaad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I know its an old but is it mandatory to deploy PCo on windows server, or could use windows 10 instead

thanks

Omar

Answers (0)