cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Integration with LSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

Is the SAP standard travel management can be integrated with LSO?

Or is any possibily of integrating travel with LSO?

What is the objective of integrating Travel with LSO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know, FI-TV only allows for integration with Payroll, Funds Management, Cross Application Time Sheets, FI in general and depending on your EHP, certain planning scenarios. I haven't heard of a possibility to integrate Learning Solution with it... better let Sally or so confirm this though, I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers, Lukas

0 Kudos

Hi there

Yep..Lukas is right, we dont currently have integration with LSO and neither is it planned in the standard delivery (as an aside, LSO functionality uses WD Java and BSP to quite a large extent, whereas the maintenance strategy for Travel management is WD ABAP)

I guess currently the only way you could utilise trainings etc with expense claiming would be through the participant functionality.

Hope it helps

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

We have a similar requirement.

We need to be able to integrate training trips with travel system based upon the training dates and destination. This data will be sent to plan a travel.

How can we achieve this?

Should we formulate a process??

regards,

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

We've discussed this with many clients. It would have to be complely based on custom development - probably starting with a custom workflow in LSO.

However, when going into details we usually convinced clients quickly that it wouldn't be worthwhile for various reasons:

- many trainings don't require travel

- some trainings require travel for some delegates, but not for others

- it's difficult to decide, when the trip should begin - sonetimes you start in the morning, sometimes day before

- often, the employee wouldn't know yet when to start or where to travel from at the time the training is booked

- some trainings require travel, but no hotel, as included in training package

- changes in event times after initial booking may require changes of trip

These are only some of the points, which would make such an integration really complex and would often require a lot of manual changes anyway. So, all clients we talked to got convinced it wouldn't be worth the effort (and I guess similar thoughts made SAP decide against integration).

The only thing we did occasionally: clients with a simple custom report on Learning data would sometimes want to integrate travel cost into training cost. You can easily program this by either assuming all trips by a delegate at course dates are to be considered or by capturing trip number somewhere in training data.

Anyway: really, really discuss benefits and problems comprehensively before recommending a client to develop such an integration.

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven,

Answers (0)