cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a universe on the top of the bex query, in the query i have various characteristic like CID,MID, revenue, calyear and calday.

but when i created the universe, for CID i have got L00, L01 and under L00 i have 4 keys .

My doubt is why so many objects are created for only one characteristic in bi.

Please see the below screenshot .

Please help ASAP.

tnx,

praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

For every characteristic in BI it is going to generate two objects in BO. one is for retrieving key values of BI characteristic and the other is to retrieve text values of the BI characteristic.

If it has any attributes, for each attribute also it going to generate two objects for the same purpose.

In the attached image i could be able to see four objects :

first two objects for bringing CID key and text values.

The remaining two are for bringing the assigned attribute (CID name of the ...) key and text values.

you can perform Rename or change , delete operations based on your reporting requirements.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajendra Kodavati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajendra,

Can u explain with an example about text and key present in the UNIVERSE ?

tnx,

praveen.

0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

In the BEX query designer, if we go to the display properties of a characteristic we could be able to find the display as option with the following four types.

1.Key

2.Text

3.Key and Text

4.Text and Key.

if we select 3 or 4 it will display key values and text values in the BEX analyzer key values in one column and text values in another column.

Lets discuss about key values and Text values for a characteristic in BW first .

for that lets consider a characteristic "sold to party", while we are maintaining master data we will bw loading key values like S1101,S1102,S1103.....and the description(Master data Text) of characteristic like Praveen,Raj,Victor.... .

Those two values(key & Text) exists for the same characteristic "Sold to Party".

When we want to use "Sold to Party"characteristic in universe it has to bring both the values to universe, that's the reason it is bringing two objects in to Universe for same characteristic.

It is not a strange behavior, in BW also when we go for 3 or 4 types of display as options it will display the values in TWO COLUMNS. one for Key values and the other is for Text values.

Coming to L00 and L01. L00 gives the meta data of the characteristic and L01 will give the data( values) .

Thanks & Regards,

Rajendra Kodavati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on how many display attributes each of the characteristic has.

Your CID characteristic has more display attributes than the others, that is why you get more objects under the characteristic in your screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi victor,

tnx for the reply,

but for each and every object i am getting key and name, what is the use of key and name objects.

and another doubt is

What is meant by L00 and L01 ? what L00 and L01 will contain.

Pls explain in detail.

tnx,

praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All objects in SAP BW have a key and Text, L00 is the first level, as a general rule of thumb hide it and use L01.