Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return PGR FI entry must be same as PGI FI entry

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement in my present assignment, the Materials are priced according to Moving Average Price. As per my understanding Moving Average Price would change from time to time based on incoming stock and present stock value.

When PGI is done, Inventory gets credited and COGS gets debited but when PGR is done, because of new evaluated price of the material, PGR is either Over-Under- Debiting Inventory and crediting COGS. What we want is the amount which gets credited to Inventory at the time of PGI. Same amount must get debited to Inventory when PGR is done.

What I, as an SD consultant, am thinking to do is, change the movement type of Schedule line category for returns to 653. But I am not sure if with this movement, item would still get evaluated and therefore changing the value.

Experts, please help me with this. I would be grateful for any inputs people here may have.

Thanks in advance.

Abdul Raheem Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard, there will be no accounting document generated in case of returns

You can check in PGR, there will be only material document and no accounting since the return stock always posted to the Quality and after inspection it will be posted to Own stock using 453 movement type

In case of 453, Material document as well as accounting document is generated and this value will be updated with the value of your  new price as per standard

In order to acheive your requirement, you have to take the return stock to sales order stock using 657 E movement type. This should happen before your material master price updated with new. After that even if the price update in the material master your PGR will be posted with the sales order locked price which culd be equal to PGI price

Hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi santosh

Thank you so much for replying.

Company is not really concerned with where stock is placed but they really want the same exact amount which was posted to accounting during PGI to be posted back in debit when PGR is done. Although most of my answer I got from your reply. Just want to confirm once again with movement type 657 E, my requirement would be met.

But you also mentioned that this should happen before the material master price is updated with new. The thing is the materials use "Moving Average Price" and there is a lot of in and out of stock and returns process could even take a month after customer had placed an order. So there are good chances that "Moving Average Price" would be changed by the time Returns order is placed.

Is there any other way if the above does not work, to fetch the same value which happend at the time of PGI.

Thank you.

Abdul Raheem Khan

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In my opinion customer amount should be same I.e customer debit and credit amount should be same. But for cost price if company is taking back any stock then it should be on its real runtimes cost price . Have you implemented copa? Please discuss its impacts with costing and financials guys as well.

Tanks

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Moazzam

Yes, I agree with you that it must be real runtime cost price that should be taken while posting for accounting. However, company wants the exact same postings for PGR. I figured that if we write a routine while doing PGR to fetch the VPRS price from original sales order, then that must give us same figures.

I have not tried this but what do you all say regarding this. Kindly let me know.

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has been discussed here

G. Lakshmipathi

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you everyone for your valuable time and inputs.

Although, it is quite clear to me that present Moving Average Price would only get posted to accounting upon PGR. But like I said, this is not what company wants. They want that particular amount to be posted upon PGR which happened in PGI.

Is there any other way to do apart from writing routine as this will build one more case which is when accounting document gets generated after PGR, what will happen to it.

I hope I am not confusing here. If there are more ideas, kindly provide.

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can take a look at pricing type field in the copy control settings. How the returns are created? Is it with reference to billing document or sales order? You can take a look at OSS Note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF to see whether creating a new pricing type would resolve your issue or not.

Regards,

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

Can you please copy the content of that OSS Note as I am unable to open it. Returns is being created with reference to Billing document.

I checked copy controls settings--> Pricing type shows D "pricing element unchanged.".

Thanks

ARK

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have agreed on using user exit which must stop material document when doing PGR and must take VPRS cond type from Sales/Billing Doc.

Just wanted to know whether this would have any implications on Moving Average Price...???

Thanks

ARK

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi rahem

ummary

Standard documentation from OSS removed

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont copy paste from any other source which is strictly prohibited.  Instead just provide the OSS note number

raheem_khan4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not technically well equipped. But then I would like to know whether doing a USER EXIT to stop Material Document from getting created at the time of PGR and fetch VPRS amount from PGI.

If the above is done, would this have any effect on overall Moving Average Price of the Material.

Regards

ARK

Answers (0)