cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Procedures on OLTP System - HANA Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I got below requirement as one of the HANA developer responsibilities.

Creating Procedures on OLTP System

Can somebody shed light what exactly means by above requirement and appreciate any use cases/pointers/links about creating procedures on OLTP system.

I come from BO background + HANA certified.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I guess you need to get the clarification from the same source which gave you the requirement. .

There could be multiple interpretations of the requirement depending on the context. It might mean you need to create the DB stored procedure on the Transaction application or need to create the procedures on the HANA application on the OLTP data (source data loaded to HANA) to apply some business logic and make it ready for consumption using HANA views.

If the above interpretation is correct, then you need to understand how to create DB procedures. You can refer to the SQL Reference guide here.

Please refer to the syntax and a sample example here.

As I mentioned earlier, it really depends on the context of the requirement.

Also, please delete the other duplicate thread on the same topic on this forum.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

I has gone through your comments and answer you replied to many. I need some good suggestion from you.

Currently I'm working as Master Data Management(MDM) in two ERP's. SAP and Movex (M3 Intentia)

Below are the brief about the work carried out by me in MDM at present

In SAP :

1.Creation and change of Master Data for Customers,Vendors, Internal Orders, GL Account, Cost Center, Profit Center

In Movex :

1.Creation and change of Customer, Vendor, Agent, Bonus and Commission agreement of Agent

2.Creation and change of Material and Products.

Kindly suggest me some good module in SAP where my above mentioned experience can be useful.

I want to know which module is best at current year ?