Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Profile for Quotation in SAP SD

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Before posting this query, I have searched in SCN, google and also tried various combination to achieve my client requirement.But, failed to complete the activity. Hence, reaching you all.

Scenario:

A quotation will be created and should be approved/ rejected by 4 levels. If any of the approver rejects, it should not allow next level to approve the quotation.

In order to achieve this, I have created status profile and assigned to my quotation document type. Whenever its approved by one person the email is triggering to next level with quotation document. If any person rejects the mail is triggering to previous approvers along with the user created the quotation.However, if the next level knows the document number, he/she is still can approve or reject the quotation by using VA22 which is not as expected want to prevent this.

What I have done in BS02 is:

Status noStatusShort text   Long txt    Init.Status
Lowest status
Highest sta
Pos
Priority
Auth.code
1CRTDIBM-CRTD NAX1911
2App1IBH-Appr1NA
1911ZIBHAut
3Rej-1IBH-Rej1NA
1911ZIBHAut
4App2FBP-Appr2NA
1911ZFBPAut
5Rej2FBP-Rej2NA
1911ZFBPAut
6App3CFO-Appr3NA
1911ZCFOAut
7Rej3CFO-Rej3NA
1911ZCFOAut
8App4MCP-Appr4NA
1911ZMCPAut
9Rej4MCP-Rej4NA
1911ZMCPAut

I have tried various combinations like changing lowest / Highest status. By not keeping any status numbers for rejections. In all the combinations system is allowing next level to approve even though the previous level was rejected. However, system is stopping business to create sales order which is as expected.

Could someone help me to achieve the requirement. As far as I know, I am missing logic either at lowest/highest numbers or business transactions controls at Transaction controls of rejection status (Even this I tried with various combinations by using Lock)

Dear Moderators / Experts: I have spent lot of time on searching in SCN, read many threads and open sources. But, no luck, hence, posting this. Sincere apology for asking a question related to status profile which was discussed umpteen number of times in our SCN.

Thanks In advance,

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I find this project very interesting.

I think the next user is able to approve even if the previous one has reject the quotation because you always keep 1 as the lowest level possible allowing users to get back to latest statuses.

I Hope this will help. I am also curious to know what technique did you used for sending the emails (outputs via VV11 or workshop notifications).

Regards.

Hervé

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Herve,

Please check the latest screenshot. It is still allowing next level to approve eventhough the previous level has been rejected.

I will share the detailed document once I complete my activity.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have replicate your requirement in different way and tested working well at my end.

Regards

Arun

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot. Its working as expected.

Regards, Sai Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me on this?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If you double click on your Rejection status ( Serial no 3 In your example) you can see Business transactions field for which you can define Approval or work flow transaction and set an indicator for FORBIDDEN , so if the status is Rej-1 then automatically further approval will be forbidden and you cannot go forward

i copied the standard status profile, may be you can do some create a new profile and add Approval business transaction as EMAIL function to trigger the mail to approver

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Yes, I have done this already, but, still App2 is able to approve the quotation.

Please find the screenshots of BS02.

Rej1- Transaction control.

Let me know what i am missing here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sai..

i understood your query,

could  you provide to us some more details for better understanding

1. status profile has maintained at header level, are item level ?

2. please check in sales document, whether you maintained the status profile field

3. please check in item category document also.

4. as per my knowledge the highest status should not be the same like you maintained 9.

5. the highest status will be change step by step because the authorized persons  need to clear for the next level.

please try it in this way   

1CRTDIBM-CRTDNAX1211
2App1IBH-Appr1NA
1311ZIBHAut
3Rej-1IBH-Rej1NA
1411ZIBHAut
4App2FBP-Appr2NA
1511ZFBPAut
5Rej2FBP-Rej2NA
1611ZFBPAut
6App3CFO-Appr3NA
1711ZCFOAut
7Rej3CFO-Rej3NA
1811ZCFOAut
8App4MCP-Appr4NA
1911ZMCPAut
9Rej4MCP-Rej4NA
11ZMCPAut

please once try it in this way. it could be help for you, and i haven't worked on this, i have little bit knowledge on status profile.

if i wrong please take the help of our experts, who are viewing this ticket

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Tks for your reply. I already tried the way you have explained. But, no luck. For e.g. IBH-Rej1 has rejected the quotation still system is allowing FBP-Appr2 to approve the document. This is my major concern. I strongly believe i am missing some basic logic.

To answer your questions:

Its at header level only. Not at Item level. I have assigned correct status profile to document type.

Let me know what i am missing here.

Regards, Sai Krishna.