cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit for Copying Customer Material Description to Material Description in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Requirement : Exit for Copying Customer Material Description to Material Description in Sales Order as soon as Equipment number is entered in KDMAT field

I will be entering the Equipment number in Contract the text should get copied to material text .

is I want KDMAT - Text to be copied to VBAP-ARKTX field which will have default Material description .

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood correctly, you want to copy the equipment number entered in VBAP - KDMAT to VBAP - ARKTX ?

If so just maintain CMIR ( customer material info record ) in VD51 and maintain the equipment number in both CUSTOMER MATERIAL and CUSTOMER DESCRIPTION FIELDS

so automatically it will be copied into sales order

Please check and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh

Requirement is Not that Simple

Why I need Exit/ Modification is because

There will be Multiple Equipment Numbers assigned to Material and so their respective description should be copied to ARKTX

So

MAT 1      Mat Des    ( Equip Description 1 )      Equip 1    

MAT 2      Mat Des    ( Equip Description 2 )      Equip 2    

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Solution experts Plz

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Your requirement is really not very clear, may be because of this not much replies. In your second reply you mentioned that, 2 different materials with 2 different equipment description. If this is what your requirement then you can still achieve this with CMIR. Btw, May I know where do you want use this description?

Based on your reply you will get more replies.

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna

No The Material will remain same

I will try to explain scenario

We are trying to do service sale for equipment s based on Log sheets for which equipment has run .

So We will have same Service Material ( Dummy ) , but different items ( with same Service Material ) will have different  Equipment Number .

Why I need Exit/ Modification is because

There will be Multiple Equipment Numbers assigned to Material and so their respective description should be copied to ARKTX

So

10     MAT 1( Same Dummy Service Material )      Mat Des    ( Equip Description 1 )      Equip 1   

20     MAT 1 (Same Dummy Service Material )   Mat Des    ( Equip Description 2 )      Equip 2   

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Solution experts Plz

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Do you have any Idea how many such items you will be having in any order? Is it follow the same sequence? If so, you can maintain a Z table with the various description and apply Sales order level user exit to pick up that description. I personal feel its not a good practice.

S.NoMaterial NoDescription
10AOne
20BTwo
30CThree
40DFour
50EFive
60FSix
70GSeven
80HEight

Check if the below one helps you.

USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION in MV45AFZZ

or USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

Note: I never tried this, but, just trying to give some idea.

Regards, Sai Krishna.