cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only IS_PS_CA upgrade to Release 605

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi currently we are on ehp5. All our components are on release 605. But IS_PS_CA is on 600 release. What would be the best approach to upgrade single component version. Can I update this spam by downloading single component or do I need to generate stack file for single component and have to upgrade with sum tool.

Kindly post your suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hellow Kranthi,

To upgrade IS_PS_CA to 605, you need to have SAP_APPL 650 and FI_CA 605, as your on EHP5, i know you will have SAP_APPL to 605 but check about FI_CA level (i hope it would be 6.00 patch 15)

If you use SPAM, u have apply delta upgrade to FI_CA from 601 to 605 along with it will ask for SAp_APPL 602, 603, 604 which will ask for other dependent components SAP_basis, sap_aba, ea_appl etc.... ( i have tried this but wasted lot of time on it)

Hence, please use mopz which will be easy to upgrade FI_CA, while selecting the components make sure u select Public sector contract accounting and generate the stack xml file and then use SUM (downtime required will be around 2 hours).

Regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan

Thanks for reply. Initially i need to do this on development. I need to upgrade following component versions to 605

EA-PS

FINBASIS

IS-PS-BASIS

Following are my current levels

SAP_BASIS7020011
SAP_ABA7020011
PI_BASIS7020011
SAP_APPL6050008
FI-CA6050008

It means i need to user SUM tool and have to complete the 8 steps.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Kranthi,

It's always better to use SUM tool to upgrade, among the 8 steps only on step 6 (execution) you need to downtime of your server. Your SAP basis, aba, etc were at 7.0 ehp2, it will automatically upgrade those level to latest 7.31 when you generate stack xml file in mopz...

Thanks

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderator

Could you please move this thread to http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/60-upgrade

Regards

Kranthi Kumar