Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Suggestion in Creating Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a bit new to Universe Designer,

I am just facing a Problem in Designing the universe From the data base stage (Oracle)

I am doing good once the tables are available for me at the universe level but for me the Problem starts with The Identification of Tables and bringing those tables to the Universe

So kindly any one help me in getting Out of this Q.

I anticipate your forgiveness If i erred in writing This ...............

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

You seems to say if all the ingredients are provided you can prepare the food, but for preparing the food you dont know what ingredients  to be used...:)

If I understood you correctly: Generally this information is provided is technical specification document or you need an understanding of the application for which you are creating the report for eg:

outstanding balance in ECC

BSIS: all uncleared document goes into this table

BSAS: all cleared document in this table

so to get outstanding you need to know about uncleared documents and it is in BSIS, thus you identified the the table to be used.

Hope this help you understand.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The general flow will be like this:

1.we need to create a connection to the data base by using the connection wizard .

2. we can use the this connection to insert the data base tables in the structure pane of the universe.

3.After inserting the tables, we can join them based on their cardinality.

4. we can create the objects from the inserted tables based on the reporting requirements.

could you let me know where you are facing the issue in that flow.

i think you could be able to create a connection to the data base but you are failing to insert the tables in the structure pane if i understood you correctly.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajendra Kodavati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am Comfortable With 2,3 & 4 Steps of What u mentioned

For me the problem is creating connection (JDBC) Stages and the Identification of the tables at the data base level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Your query is not clear to me. Could you please reiterate your question?

Thanks,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Madhumitha,

I would like to know about the steps in creation of Universe right from the Scratch in the case of a Oracle database

K.R.T.REDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Teja,

Here are the steps for creating a universe from scratch.

1. Define Universe Parameters

2. Insert Tables

3. Insert Joins

4. Detect Loops

5. Resolve Loops

6. Create Classes

7. Create Objects

8. Create Hierarchies

9. Export the universe