Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing an activity from another track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am try to follow an architecture similar to that in the following blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2006/03/30/best-practices-for-nwdi-track-design-for-o...

I have 3 Tracks:

1) Development

2) Maintenance

3) Production.

Development and Maintenance are connected by a normal transport connection

In the development track, I have a Dev, Test and Prod environment.

I have created a very simple activity in dev and have successfully migrated it through to the Prod Enviroment on the Development Track.

So the activity has been sucessfully propagated through the Development track and now appears in development queue of the maintenance track. I therefore go ahead and import the activity.

This is where I run into difficulties as the activity fails to import and the status gets stuck at "Import Running".

If I look at the details, I can see messages of ":build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms"

Would anyone have any thoughts on why this activity from the Development Track is not being imported into Maintenace?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Your setup looks good and I assume you have a repair connection from the Maintenance to the Development track .

Did you try bouncing the NWDI and re-importing the activity in the Maintenance track? Another option would be to change the input flag on the Maintenance buildspace from "privileged"  to "open" in the CBS.