cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Store Error when calling R-Procedure via XSJS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I have created a RLang Procedure (using RServe) to implement ARIMA models for some forecasting.

The procedure is then called via SQLScript, which provides it with the necessary input data.

Now I would like to display the results via UI5 and therefore created a XSJS file that uses a CallableStatement.

Unfortunately an column store error exception is thrown, when I visit the URL of the XSJS file in my browser.

The JavaScript and SQLScript/R syntax should be correct, because I can call the procedure (including R-Call) successfully in HANA Studio as well as via a JAVA program using JDBC.

Furthermore, when the R-Call is excluded, also the XSJS variant works correctly.

I located the following error message within the HANA logs:

[114942]{450017}[-3010622] 2013-04-12 22:12:51.678725 e cePlanExec   cePlanExecutor.cpp(06157) : Error during Plan execution of model BI_PROJECT_TMP:_SYS_SS_CE_978205_INS (-1), reason: BI_PROJECT_TMP.R_WRAPPER_TMP: line 8 col 2 (at pos 173): GenericFailure exception: column store error: search table error:  [2620] BI_PROJECT_TMP.R_WRAPPER: line 13 col 2 (at pos 394): InternalFatal exception: Connection error: Unable to connect with Rserve.;None of the Rserve can be connected: 127.0.0.1:30520: Cannot connect to the host with the port;

It seems like there is a problem with the connection to RServe, but I wonder why it still works with JAVA.      

Has someone experienced a simliar behavior or even knows a solution?

Thank you and best regards,

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

you need to add some additional settings in xsengine.ini which were also added to indexserver.ini.

1. Right click on your system node at the navigator tab.
  2. Select Administration.
  3. Select on the right hand side the Configuration tab.
  4. Select the xsengine.ini
  5. Right click on xsengine.ini
  6. Add Section...
  7. Name of the section -> calcEngine
  8. Under the calcEngine section you can add following configuration parameters:

●  cer_timeout

○  Connection timeout in seconds

○  Default: 300

This parameter is particular important, since it defines the maximal run time allowed for a single R      function execution. If you expect your R processing to run longer than 5 minutes you should modify this      parameter, otherwise the R processing will be stopped before completion.

●  cer_rserve_addresses

○  List of host (given as IPv4 address) and port pairs, where Rserves are running

○  Has to be set as follows "host1:port1,host2:port2,..."

○  Use multiple hosts to accomplish High Availability

●  cer_rserve_maxsendsize

○  maximum size of a result transferred from R to SAP HANA (in Kbytes)

○  default: 0 (no limit)

○  If the result-size exceeds the limit, the transfer is aborted with an error

9. Restart XS Engine

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works!! Great, thank you Stefan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have exactly the same problem - please provide an answer (it is urgent for a customer presentation).This feature has been considered standard functionality (see attached pic).

Thanks & regards

Alex

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is RServe installed in the same server as HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is running on the same server.