cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support issues DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

can any one share two support APO DP issues. any one macros or  realignment or life cycle planning or process chains.

1. how the problem is happened.

2. how did you resolve it. what r the steps to take prevent in future.

thank you for you valuable time to spending on this. please answer asap.

regards,

ch. sainath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

APO DP issues can vary based on the client structure and implementation done.

Some of the issues are mentioned below.

1. Data mismatch between cube and the planning area. This may be due to Realignments or due to data not flowing from R/3 to APO or due to Process chain not updating the DTP due to Failures.

2. Macro related issues can be like seeing different values in different planning books. This may be due to default macro in one planning book and not in another. This is because the values shown in data in planning book is not saved to live cache.

Kindly let us know if you are looking for a particular issue.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear diana,

thanks for your valuable  reply.

as you said 1st point data mismatch between cube and planning area. could you plz explain me in detail like taking any example of scenario

question

1. why   data mismatched  from info cube to p.a , because of realignment what you have done in realignment how it effects to the data.

2.data not flowing from r3 to apo  why where did you find the problem.

and coming second point

1. why the macro values not saved in live cache, reason for it ??? and what soluton did you suggest.

im very close to the  what i want waiting for you reply. to close the thread.

regards,

ch. sainath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Here is the details of the second point mentioned by me : Data mismatch between two planning books for same key figure

Issue: The user was facing an issue wheren for one keyfigure he was seeing a different values in two planning books.

Analysis: During the Ananlysis we found that the Keyfigure is a calculated Keyfigure based on a macro. In one planning book the Keyfigure was a default macro whereas in the other it was a directly executable macro or no macro existed for that Keyfigure. For eg: Consider PB1 and KF 3 which is calculated through a macro as KF1+KF2. The same Keyfigure KF3 is part of another planning book PB2. Now when the user had updated the value for KF1 and KF 2 in planning book PB1 and press enters he would be able to see the updated value for KF3 in PB1, but if he goes to PB2 he will not be able to see the updated values for KF3 unless he saves the planning book PB1 after the changes. The issue mainly happened here as the values were not directly enterd by the client for KF1 and KF2 in planning books but were uploaded through a cube to planning area

Reason : The values doesnt get updated to the live cache if the values are not saved. Live cache values are the ones which gets displayed in the planning books.

Solution : We had first provided the training to the client and have told them regarding the different macro types and also made the macro as part of the background job so that every day whatever changes has happened gets saved to the live cache and values gets updated in all the planning books.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear diana s,

thank you for your valuable time spending on this. it will be very help ful.  .  have a nice day.

regards.

ch.,sainath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sai

Issues vary as per the business requirements and as per the confirgurations implemented in a particular project . Couple of simple issues which were faced at our end are as below :

> Area executive was unable to put estimates in the planning book. This was due to the authorization not avaiable for that particular Selection ID. then action was taken accordingly by providing the athorization.

> Aggreagation / Disaggreagation results are not as expected. Then the data is thoroughly anayzed and will be found out due to which reasons these things happen and will eb corrected manully.

> Realignments happen when there is a change in structure of a Product / Customer.

> Other issue are also like background jobs getting cancelled / errors in background jobs. These can be solved by analyzing the logs generated.

Regards

Raghavendra Emani

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ragh,

thanks for  your reply.

you said one point

1. Aggregation / Disaggreagation results are not as expected. Then the data is thoroughly anayzed and will be found out due to which reasons these things happen and will eb corrected manully.

question:

1. why aggregation results not updated in planning book and what is the root cause for this. how did  you analyze it. what you have done to prevent this in future..

please share with me an example that would be  great ..

i appreciate for your time and response.

thanks

ch. sainath.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

You need to be more clear on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sourabh,

thanks for your reply.

my question  is

can you share any two  APO DP support project diffcult  issues. 

how the problem raised and how did you resolved it. from-starting to end.

reply me asap . it would be very helpful for me plz.

thanks.

ch.sainath