cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM direct BI Datasources are not generating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented the 1239883 OSS note in SRM system and now we are able to access the Z_SA_DEPD transaction code in SRM system.

We are planning to use BW direct data sources so I need to generate the data source for PO  INVOICE  CONTRACT  & some master data data sources.

I have created a project then selected "Object List" and created "Create Object" for PO then I selected "Details". Here I am trying to  " Generate Data source" option from the "Goto" application tool bar but it is not generating the Data source and it showing the status as "E ( Database object definition incomplete)" .

I tried to search the data source in RSA2  tcode with the naming convention of z_sads<project><object> but no luck...

Appreciate your comments....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you generated the read modules first? Does the status of your extractor says "Generated"? When you generate the read modules, the structures and function modules get generated which will be used in data sources. And so before you can generate data source, read modules should be generated first.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did ... I am getting error "Error when generating Read module for data object" when I select the "Generate Read Module" in SRM system and It is not generating the FM.

I tried the same steps (Generate Read Module then Generate Datasource) in ECC and it has created the data sources. I am able to see them in RSA2 and I can see the data in RSA3 also.

I do have one more question :

In SRM system - I saw a project SR57 from SAP for SPM data sources after Basis people installed the OSS Note. I assuming that I have to see both transaction & master datta sources in SR57 project but I do see only 6 data sources (BUYER, BUYINGORG, CATEGORY, PRODUCT, SITE, SUPPLIER) in SR57 project.

In ECC, I do see 29 data sources in the sap given project - ERP3. What could be the reason for this ??

Please do reply with your comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SPM extractors are not same in both ECC and SRM. As you know many of the master data are not available in SRM (for ex: Cost center, G/L Account). Cost center and G/L account master data are not created/maintained in SRM but in ECC system and hence all the master data available in ECC extractors will not be available in SRM extractors.

And by the way, which extractor are you trying to generate in SRM?

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

In SRM, SR57 project does only 6 extractors which are BUYER, BUYINGORG, CATEGORY, PRODUCT, SITE & SUPPLIER data objects. It doesn't have any transactional data objects. How do I get the Transactional data objects?

In ECC, ERP3 project does 29 data objects but SRM SR57 project does only 6 data objects.

I know that SRM system does not have all extractors as like as ECC.

Anything wrong in the import of the file to SRM system as part SPM Extractor kit OSS note implementation or SRM will give only 6 direct data sources ?

I will be convinced if you say you got same 6 data objects in SR57 project which was given by SAP as part of SPM Extractor kit installation in SRM.

Appreicate your comments...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I am not 100% sure of this - in all my previous projects SRM was implemented in classic/extended classic scenario and hence all the data was available in ECC.

Is your SRM implemented in standalone scenario? I will also check but if the transports are successful and there are no transactional data extractors in Z_SA_DEPD, then it is worth checking with SAP through a OSS message.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

SAP Solution for SRM Transactional datasources from SPM :

For SRM transaction data we use the standard SRM extractors. We do

not deliver any SPM specific extractors. The mapping from SRM

datasources to SPM schema is also attached as part of note 1239883.

Customer can create template using this mapping and load data from

standard SRM extractors.

Answers (0)