cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to delete a product in GTS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is it possible to delete a product in GTS?

When we set for a material in ERP a deletion indicator

is this information also coming to GTS via regular /SAPSLL/MATMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 material transfer job?

Rgds

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

As mentioned earlier, you can leverage program /SAPSLL/PRODUCT_DELETE to delete the products or alternatively mark the products for being archived and push them outside the system via the archiving process.

Regards,

Jasmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

there is standard report /SAPSLL/PRODUCT_DELETE - Delete Customs Product Master

But I would recommend only flag those materials for deletions as was already explained.

Regards,

Marian

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Yes, that's exactly right.  The regular transfer includes the "deletion indicator" from the ERP Material Master record.  And just as in the ERP system, the deletion indicator makes the GTS Product relevant for archiving, provided of course that it's not still in use.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

is there any logic behind for different levels? Like Plant level, Storage location level, Sales org. level, or only client level is considerred?

Cheers,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

I have tried this dev. once.. Just thought of sharing the same. Defined some product attributes in GTS to hold some customized flags in Product master-Additional data tab.

For example: Tried updating country flags in the Product master in GTS.

Country flags are updated based on extension of a Material to a Plant in R/3. i.e, Whenever a Material is extended to a Plant in GTS, we use the Plant country code and update the same in Product master.

And similarly, whenever the Deletion flag is setup, the same can be removed. For this to work automatically, just activated change pointers for MARC-LVORM for /sapsll/matmas_sll.

But in my case, it was a customized development.Not really sure, if this is available in standard.

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Only client-level is considered.  And that's because it's the only level transferred to GTS.  No fields from Plant (MARC) or Sales (MVKE) are transferred in the standard mapping.  Only field MARA-LVORM is considered, since the other client-level tables (MAKT, MARM, MBEW, MLAN)  don't have Deletion Indicators.

Actually, the Deletion Indicator itself  isn't transferred to GTS.  Instead, if the indicator is set, the "valid to" field (DATBI) is set to the "Date of Last Change" (LAEDA) before the transfer, effectively expiring the Product.

Regards,

Dave