cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text determination in case of multiple shipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that..say an order has 2 line items.Each line item is being shipped from a separate warehouse.Then certain text has to be printed and should appear on order, invoice, and packing slip for the customer.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the text already determined at the Order, Invoice , Delivery documents in SAP ?

if so, are you asking how to fetch this text to Order confirmation, Invoice and picking slip while printing ?

then you can use Function module READ_TEXT in your print program

regards,

santosh     

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

No I was asking about determination of this text in order, delivery and invoice documents when there are multiple deliveries as above.

The text has to be popluated in these documents during transactional processing.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the transaction code VOTXN where you can configure Text determination process for all the objects such as sales order, deliveries and Billing

check the below link for reference

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Text+Determination+procedure+in+SD

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

So the delivery split wouldn't have an impact right if the required customizing settings are carried out.

The text would be at item level, then after delivery split the text would would be at delivery header level and then in invoice , am I right?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Deliver split or Invoice split are different concepts.

And text from one document to another document (in other words Text determination) is a different concept.

E.g. If some text has to be taken from the Sales order header level and placed in the delivery note at header level; then even if multiple deliveries are created, all would have the same text.

Same would hold good for billing document(s) too.

(Text from delivery to billing document)

Read the theory for SAP Text determination.