cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing LFBK updates through CREMDM - deleted bank records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to import Bank data from ECC to MDM (delivered on CREMDM idoc to MDM)

The repository has the main table for vendor and a tuple of Bank data.

The scenario is that of a Bank getting deleted and a new one getting added.

In this case ECC sends 2 LFBK segments :

one with MSGFN 003 for the deleted Bank (apparently the data is not in LFBK table, but is pulled from change history - not 100% sure about this)

one with MSGFN 005 for the added Bank.

In MDM is there any way of deleting the entry that is now coming with MSGFN 003?

The challenge I am facing is that I cannot match on Bank information - because the action would apply to all bank records in the tuple; and if I take the combination of MSGFN and Bank information, it would never match

Note that there could be multiple banks against a vendor and ONLY the one deleted from ECC should be removed.

Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you tell me if you are using PI as the middleware?

If you are using PI system, then you can do the validation check in PI itself and PI system will not populate the Bank Details in the XML itself(those with MSGFN - 003).

And in MDM import map, you can choose to select the options which would replace the existing Bank records with the ones coming in the input source file.

Please let me know regarding your landscape so that i can reply in better way.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ankush

We do have PI; and suppressing the 003 segment is definitely an option.

However, the idea is to achieve this without customizing the PI mapping - which is standard CREMDM mapping.

In MDM; the option is set to replace - which is the reason we ended up with all records (including the deleted ones).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Sorry for the delay in response. Please correct my understanding:

If a vendor is having multiple banks associated, and a new bank is added and one bank(which is obsolete now) is deleted from the list of banks for vendor.

When idoc is triggered from ECC, it will contain all the banks, including the deleted one, and send the CREMDM to PI system.

If this is the scenario, then best option would be to implement the logic in PI so that only the required banks are populated in XML file. Apart from this, i do not see easier option to implement your scenario. Please let me know your thoughts as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush