cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when add business role to user via UI (SAP IDM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

could you please help me to solve issue with SAP NW IDM 7.2.

I'm newby on it, so sorry in advance

I created a repository for ABAP system and did ABAP initial upload to identity store "SAP Master".

I see all my uploaded users in IDM User Interface.

I created bussines role "ROLE:BUSINESS:ZROLE2" and added the following priviledges to it:

PRIV_xxx_ONLY

Z:KRR_DEV-Role (xxx)

I copied standart web-tasks to my z-web-tasks and in UI I selected my user account when choice task "Assign priviledges, roles and group".

For user "TEST" I tried to assign my role "ROLE:BUSINESS:ZROLE2" via task "Assign priviledges, roles and group" and when I pressed button "Save" I got an error:

"Unable to set value for attribute Assignments. Detailed information (may not be translated): No such attribute".

Please help me to solve it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

I have replicated this and tested this scenario in my system and it works fine when I add the business role to an "TEST" identity in IDM, the "TEST" identity was created in the back-end system.

I did the following:

Copied the UI Tasks from CORE under provisioning Framework to Z UI tasks

Created a test Business Role

Created a new identity and added the test Business Role to identity

Kautilya

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - before you reinstall try unchecking the MX_ASSIGNMENT attribute in the task and see if you still get an error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked on the DB side I had the same issue and I found out that is related to database space issue.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Natalia,

You don't need to be sorry. This is the right place to ask such questions and fortunately there are lot of experienced people to assist.

The steps which you have performed so far, looks correct. When you copied the Web Enabled Tasks, did you change anything inside them ? I would suggest that you investigate this particular task, by examining all the tabs to ensure everything is set correctly.

If it still does not work, can you please put some screen captures of these tabs.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I'm not 100% sure whether I changed anything in my z-tasks or even in Provis.Framework

Now I did the Update of Provisioning Framework with option "Ignore timestamp" and then copied web-task to my Z-task. But this not solve my problem.

Sreens of my Z-web-task:

Could you please check whether I did mistake?

Thanks in advance,

Natalia.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

you should try creating a new copy of the assign task and test this. Maybe there is some inconsistancy in the current copy. At least this will check if the issue is isolated or general.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I've done even more - I installed the new copy of Provisioning Framework (Copy-1) and checked role assignment on fresh-installed web-task "Assign". But I've got the same error:

"Unable to set value for attribute Assignments. Detailed information (may not be translated): No such attribute".

Do somebody have any idea where I have to looking for the reason of it?

I'm closer to decision to reinstall the IC 

Best wishes,

Natalia.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Natalia,

Installing the provisioning Framework again would only ensure your UI tasks are clean (as delivered by SAP). I think you have done this already. If the problem is with the Attributes like MX_ASSIGNMENT, the issue would still remain.

After you try what Chris suggested, could you try adding MXREF_MX_ROLE & MXREF_MX_PRIVILEGE as shown below. Atleast, if this works we could isolate the problem. This is how my "Assign Task" looks in SP6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I did as you recommended and checked the assigment of role via tab "MX_ASSIGNED_ROLES" and it works!

The problem only in tab "MX_ASSIGNMENT".

But when I manually added the role ID into default value of MX_ASSIGNMENT it works too. When I deleted the role ID - the error occured.

Screen with role ID and advised working new tabs:

Best wishes,

Natalia. 

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you log an OSS Message with SAP for this. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

From the Error: Unable to set value for attribute Assignments - I suggest to check the UI task if the attribute is added in the UI task or the entry type MX_PERSON.

BR

Simona Lincheva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for answer!

My MX_PERSON :

And copy of Web task - Assign:

Could you please help to realize where the problem is?

Best regards,

Natalia.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. Not sure where the problem is. Can you check if under Global Constants SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID has been maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

the SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID is equal ID of my SAP_Master Identity store.

And if I add user to role (via web-task "Copy of Role"-->"Copy of Modify Business role"), it works correctly and privileges from bussines role provisioned to child system.

So problem only with web-task "Copy of Identity"-->"Copy of Assign".

Best wishes,

Natalia.