cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help How to Push data to Another Application BPC NW 10 Using BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I new to this BPC, and now currently I'm in BPC NW10 Project, My 1st BPC Project.

I have read almost all the documentation about logic script and BADI. And I can manipulate Data using Logic Script and BADI (UJO_Custom_logic) quite good for 1 Model.

For crossing between model, I have done using Logic Script Destination_App in logic script (From Source Application Model to Target Application Model), and Also in BADI (I'm using BADI UJO_Custom_logic to Retrieve the data from Target model to Source Model) and it works perfectly.

But actually the client doesn't want to retreive the data from target application model to source application model, they want to push data from Source Application Model to Target Application Model.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e04b5d24-085f-2c10-d5a2-c1153a9f9...

That's the documentation for BPC NW 7.5, for Destination App in badi, but I cant transport it to BPC NW 10, So I cant try Destination_App in BPC NW 10. So I tried to find another information, But I cant find any source code in BADI (ABAP Code), they only show only Logic Script Code.

Is there any sample BADI (ABAP Code) for Destination_App ? Because I saw from all documentation they only code like below in logic Script without showing any BADI (ABAP Code)

*START_BADI DAPP

DESTINATION_APP = "Finances"

ADD_DIM="INTCO=I_NONE"

*END_BADI

doesn't we need to Code ABAP in Badi ? if Yes can I have a sample code ?

if Not so we can just put Destination_App = 'Finances' , Add_Dim, Skip_Dim and Rename_Dim in logic script then the program will automatically push the data ? if Yes so what is the different using badi or not for Destination APP ?

Thank You

Regards,

Budi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suresh and Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Budi,

I suggest you to write the "Write Back BADI" like below code...

* Source Appllication------------------------------------------

CALL METHOD zcl_bpc_basic_method=>data_extraction_infocube

EXPORTING

appset_id      = 'PET_DEPOT'

application_id = 'SALES'

t_sel          = lt_sel

IMPORTING

t_cube_data    = lt_inv_tmp.

IF lt_inv_tmp IS NOT INITIAL.

LOOP AT lt_inv_tmp INTO ls_inv_tmp.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING ls_inv_tmp TO ls_inv_ip.

APPEND ls_inv_ip TO lt_inv_ip.

ENDLOOP.

ENDIF.

LOOP AT lt_inv_ip INTO ls_inv_ip.

*--------------------------------------------------------------

*TARGET APPLICATION -----------------------------------------

CALL METHOD zcl_bpc_basic_method=>data_extraction_infocube

EXPORTING

appset_id      = 'PET_DEPOT'

application_id = 'COST_CENTER'

t_sel          = lt_sel

IMPORTING

t_cube_data    = lt_inv_tmp2.

IF lt_inv_tmp2 IS NOT INITIAL.

LOOP AT lt_inv_tmp2 INTO ls_inv_tmp2.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING ls_inv_tmp TO ls_inv_ip2.

APPEND ls_inv_ip2 TO lt_inv_ip2.

ENDLOOP.

ENDIF.

LOOP AT lt_inv_ip2 INTO ls_inv_ip2.

*----------------------------------------------------

IF ls_inv_ip-l_account = 'DT011_DI_0002' AND ls_inv_ip-signeddata IS NOT INITIAL.

READ TABLE lt_inv_ip INTO  ls_inv_ip1 WITH KEY l_account = 'IP11234'

l_material =  ls_inv_ip-l_material

l_time  = ls_inv_ip-l_time

l_category = ls_inv_ip-l_category

l_product = ls_inv_ip-l_product

l_company = ls_inv_ip-l_company

l_currency = ls_inv_ip-l_currency

l_distributor = ls_inv_ip-l_distributor

l_version = ls_inv_ip-l_version.

*-----------------------------Writing back to target Application from Source  with a calculation

IF sy-subrc = 0.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING  ls_inv_ip TO ls_inv_op.

ls_inv_op-l_account = 'CALC1234'.

ls_inv_op-signeddata = ls_inv_ip1-signeddata / 100.

APPEND ls_inv_op TO  lt_inv_ip2.

CLEAR : ls_inv_op.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

Like this you can Push the data from one application to another with calculations (If required).

Hope this helps ...

Regards,

Praveen K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to write back manually by defining Target model name in parameter. Use IF_UJO_WRITE_BACK to create reference variable and CL_UJO_WRITE_BACK=>CREATE_WRITE_BACK to create that reference variable as object.

At last use Reference variable->WRITE_BACK to write the data to your target cube.

Hope it helps!! If you are not clear let me know I will post the entire code here or will mail you guys

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In below thread I did post the entire code for this same purpose. Please use your target model name as application name in your code.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3377931

Hope it helps!!

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Budi,

did you find any information on your question? I am facing a similar issue and would like to know if there is some help for this.

Thanks,

Tim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It's relatively simple: use method write_back_int

with the properly defined IT_ARRAY for the target cube and I_APPL_ID of the target cube.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Do you know if there is a new version of this Class -

CL_UJR_WRITE_BACK -- BPC:Write-Back implementation class - obsolete!

Description says this class is obsolete .

Thanks,

Vasu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

The Suresh proposal is correct. You can also look on the samples in How-to

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please note the description from the Overview for this SCN Space:

Official SAP Help Portal Community. Find comments on SAP product documentation (such as SAP Application Help, also known as SAP Library), and read best practices shared by the community.

Based on the above, I believe you posted your query into the incorrect SCN Space. Please use the Forum Finder for the New SCN document to find your product and post into that SCN Space.

With best regards,

Dominik

SCN Moderator