Did you mean: 

Pagefile question

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm have to set up the pagefile for a SAP Netweaver new installation:

BD: Oracle 11G

SAP: NW AS ABAP/JAVA 7.01 (central installation)

I want to know what are the considerations, for example, lets assume the following:

- I need a page file size 20 GB.

- I have the following units:

C:\ - Operating system

D:\ - SAP Kernel

E:\ - Oracle

F:\ - Oracle

G:\ - Oracle

Should I distributed the pagefile in all the units?

Should I assigned all the pagefile where the OS is installed?

Should I created a new unit (for example H:\) and assigned all the page file?

I have only found SAP Notes regarding how to calculate the pagefile but nothing about It's distribution.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JAM,

If you have more than one physical disk, moving the page file to a fast drive that doesn't contain your Windows system files is a good idea. Using multiple page files split over two or more physical disks is an even better idea, because your disk controller can process multiple requests to read or write data concurrently. But don’t make the mistake of creating two or more page files using multiple volumes on a single physical disk. If, for example, you have a single hard disk that contains volumes C, D, and E, splitting the page file over two or more of these volumes, might actually make your computer run more slowly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its entirely up to you. Ideally you should keep your DB files, SAP executables and Page file in a different drives. If you have enough disk space in your C: drive it should be fine there but if you have another disk that might have low usage you could distribute the page file in between them.

Regards, Juan