cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe level security in BO 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I want to apply universe level security. i am using BO 4.0 i want hide one universe and not allow some users to see that universe. i know i can set up data level security accessing universe from IDT. but i want to completely hide universe from some users.

Can anybody help me with that and tell me how can i solve this problem ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

In such case you need to apply security at universe folder level. By the way Could you please share how you are maintaining universes? Is it just under root folder for all the universes or do you maintain separate folders for group of universes under root folder?

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manikandan,

we have some universe under root folder and we have maintained couple of universe under different folder.

so i think applying security on folder wouldnt work i guess but not sure.

can i apply security on universe.?

swati_patil4
Participant
0 Kudos

Even if you have universe in different folder, you will need to provide security at Folder level and Universe level.

For example If you have Test Folder in which you have Universe A, Universe B and Universe C.

You have three different groups GrA,GrB and GrC. GrA users will see only Universe A,GrB users will see only Universe B and GrC users will see only Universe C. In this case you can provide View access on folder Test Folder and restrict View access to subfolders. This will enable your GrA,GrB and GrC users to see Test Folder, however not the Universe inside this folder.

Then subsequently you need to provide access to Universe. For expample on Universe A you need to give View access to only GrA users and restrict GrB and GrC users. The same will apply for Universe B and Universe C.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Swati

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abosolutely Vipul,

Could you share your universe folder hierarchy so as to understand bit more?

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 5 universes under one folder

Folder 1

• Universe 1
  • Universe2          
  • Universe3
  • Universe4

Now I have got 10 users in one folder

• User 1
  • User2
  • User3
  • User4
  • User5
  • User6

Now what I am trying to set up is

User 1 and user 2 must be able to see all universes

User 3 and user 4 must be able to see universe1 and universe2

User5 and user6 must be able to see universe 2, universe3 and universe 4

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vipul.

• Rights for users 1 & 2 should be set at Folder 1 level. Inheritance to be allowd to cascaded to all the universes.

• Rights for users 3 & 4 should be set at Folder 1 level with no Inheritance and rights not to be allowed cascaded to sub objects (universes)  and set rights at individual universe level as required.

• Rights for users 5 & 6 should similar similar to 3 & 4 again.

Regards,

Mani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys ..
i was able to apply this security on folder level.
Swati and Mani your suggestions were so so helpful.

swati_patil4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved via CMC Application.

I would suggest you to go through BO Admin guide for more details.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_bip_admin_en.pdf

You can refer chapter 27 and secion 27.3.8 Universe(.Unv) and 27.3.9 Universe(.unx) rights.

If you restrict View objects acess for some users/groups on the Universe you have created then these set of users/group will unable to see this Universe.

Please let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Swati