cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Option Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In remort Client copy which option i select that only customization and cross client customization is copy

I select RMBC option that time my meterial is remove for source client so please guide me which option i select

Nainesh

SAP_ALLAll Client-Specific Data w/o Change Documents

SAP_APPL   Customizing and Application Data w/o Change Docs

SAP_APPX   SAP_APPL w/o Authorization Profiles and Roles

SAP_CUST   Customizing

SAP_CUSV   Customizing and User Variants

SAP_CUSX   Customizing w/o Authorization Profiles and Roles

SAP_PROF   Only Authorization Profiles and Roles

SAP_RECO   Recovery (Only if Source Client = Target Client)

SAP_RMBC   Customizing, Users and Cross-Client Customizing

SAP_RMPA   SAP_ALL with Cross-Client Customizing

SAP_RMPC   Customizing Including Cross-Client Customizing

SAP_UCSV   Customizing, User Master Records and User Variants

SAP_UCUS   Customizing and User Master Records

SAP_UONL   User Without Authorization Profiles and Roles

SAP_USER   User Master Records and Authorization Profiles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

If you look for only customizing data to be copied ( client specific + cross client ), you may use this profile

SAP_RMPC   Customizing Including Cross-Client Customizing

As per my understanding, if your target client already has some data, it shall overwrite that with any of the client copy profiles  ( Exception is SAP_USER profile).

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak

Any Option have that not overtire client data like material and other data

Nainesh

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

Refer Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

3. Can I only copy the Customizing and therefore receive the application data in the target client?

This is not possible. Note 19574 contains information about the relationship between client-specific Customizing, cross-client Customizing and the corresponding application data.

Refer SAP Note 19574 - CC-ADMIN: Controlling data selection during client copy

d) Another mode was implemented before Release 4.x as a special mode, which completely copies Customizing without deleting master data and transaction data. This mode is not recommended because it leads to data inconsistencies between master data, transaction data and Customizing.

Hope above points answer your query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my PRD system space is :

Total Size = 400 GB

Free Space = 140 GB

I want to do Local Client Copy and my requirement is to choose SAP_UCSV profile.

May i know how much of size will it take place for SAP_UCSV profile while doing Client Copy.

Please reply...!!!

Regards,

JUNAID AHAMD

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to do remote client copy from PRD to DEV system,

But the problem is in my scenario is we have some modules i.e.Transfer pricing..etc are configured in PRD which are not in DEV system.

If i do the remote client copy then how the SAP system behaves means the changes which are adopted in PRD server would be reflected in DEV server.

or

Is there any process/method to choose what changes do we want to migrate.

Please reply....!!!

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NAINESH,

Could just tell me how to restore or get back deleted EBAN table from developement server.The structure is there,but with no data.

So it would be helpful if you provide any solution in detail [with steps]regarding this as earliest.

Really appreciate your endeavor and time.

Thanks.

Kumar

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naniesh,

sorry, i couldn't understand your requirement to do a client copy. Doing client copy will not remove anything from the source client. first decide what you want to copy, all customizing, cross client customizing and users -  you can select the profile SAP_RMBC. Mention your need for client copy which will be easy for other to suggest the profile to be selected.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthikeyan N

When i do Client copy a target systems all materila and othre data will be lost.....

nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kar...

I explain in detail I have 2 system A( Source Where new Configuration is done) and second System B( A Fresh system Where some material and other data is there ) ok now

when i user remote client copy from system a to b that time b system material and other document is deleted ..i would  stop this ...... please guide me

Nainesh

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in target system everything will be overwritten.. if you choose only sap_all profile for client copy, in case if you sap_cust , only your customizing will be overwritten in target, not the master data.... so you just want to copy only the configuration to system B right? then choose a profile accordingly...

thanks

karthik