cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Netweaver IDE SP 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I currently have Netweaver Developer Studio 2.0.9 (SP 9).

I have successfully installed SP 11 for Web AS and MaxDB.

I'm trying to install SP 11 for the IDE, but getting errors. Actually I cannot even try running it, as the extraction process itself results in an error.

I downloaded JIDE11_0-10002804.SAR from service marketplace. When I extracted this file using sapcar, I got the error below:

SAPCAR: could not open for writing extracted/./J2EE-RUNT-CD/IDE/eclipse/plugins/

com.sap.ide.webdynpro.checklayer/docs/api/com/sap/ide/webdynpro/checklayer/compo

nentcontrollerusage/ComponentControllerUsageChecker.html (error 28). The system

cannot find the path specified.

Now I have seen several documents on how to install this file (if it extracts successfully). The only clear instruction is to run JDTSetup.exe, but looks like this file never got extracted because of the above error.

Does anyone of you know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tell me how did you first get the Netweaver developer studio? was it a part of the netweaver 04 installation ? was it in a dvd format? or did you download it from sdn?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed this myself.

I was initially using the -R option with sapcar to extract to a directory. This was causing the problem. Now I just use sapcar -xvf filename.sar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the same problem i have faced as well when applying patch for SP13 with the file JIDE13_0-10002804.SAR.

My fault was that i have extracted the sar file to a directory which is a long path e.g. C:\path01\path02\path03\path04\path05. When i extract the file to there

i always get this error.

But after extract it to a relativ short directory e.g.

C:\Temp\ there is all things fine.

Just to want to inform other reason for this error.

Ly-Na Phu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ly-Na Phu,

I was facing the same problem and came across your suggestion for the short directory path. The spaces in my path was the problem.

Then the installation proceeded seamlessly.

Thanks for putting up your comments.

Mz