cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 702 Homogenous system copy of Live Cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already read the old notes which are not up to date on Live Cache system copy for 7.9 and the MaxDB Database Studio.

Does anyone have a procedure that is better documented (updated) than these notes?

457425 : Homogeneous liveCache copy using backuprestore

129352 : Homogeneous system copy with MaxDB (SAP DB)

We are trying to copy our QA1 Live Cache system to a QA2 environment.  I used the SCM 702 DVD's to install a basic QA2 target Live Cache instance.  I then patched it to 7.9.08.05  to match the QA1 source system level. 

I have made an online Complete backup of the QA1 source and copied the file to the QA2 target file system.

In the MaxDB Studio We tried to do Recovery with initialization into the target with the source complete backup.  It does do the recovery the progress bar goes and eventually at the bottom of the wizard it says progress was successfully completed.  The database is not yet restartable.  Choose back to perform another recovery option, but all the buttons are now greyed out.  If we cancel, the database cannot start due to log and data area not compatible because the DB Identifiers are not equal.  'LogandDataIncompatible'

I have also tried Initialization with Recovery, but it seems to complain about the Mirror log areas from the source even though we correct the path to the target.

In either case, we end up having to start over and reinstall the target db again to get to clean starting point.

I have also opened OSS message.  Any updated procedures are appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188065
Participant
0 Kudos
Usually the error message 'LogandDataIncompatible' is thrown when the data restored into the DB data containers doesn't match with the data still persistant in the DB log containers. logs are not touched while recovering.

Applying a 'util_execute clear log' will reset logs to nil and the database should start. This only works if your backup files provide a consistant state of the DB. If not it might be usefull if you apply the transaction logs missing, by, for example, doing a point in time recovery
Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

We are also running SAP LiveCache 7.9.07.09 and are about to perform a homogeneous system copy (backup/recovery) and as you pointed out , many of the related sap notes have not been updated to MaxDB 7.9 .... so I am a bit nervous.

Did you solve your problem ?

Which option did you choose to perform the recovery ?

When did you perfrom the Initialization ?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

In the following note you mentioned above, 457425, you can read:

To generate a liveCache copy, you can import a backup of the source system into the target system.

In Version 7.2, a normal recovery is sufficient to import a backup from another system - provided that the target liveCache already exists. In this version, you can start directly at point 2 of the description. The -8003 error described does not occur here.

As of Version 7.4, a normal recovery is NOT sufficient to import a backup from another system. You must install a liveCache database instance beforehand. You MUST begin at point 1 if you are using this version.

Did you follow the steps in point 1 according to this note beforehand?

Regards,

José M. Prieto

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

-> Please see the recommended steps in the SAP note:

886103    System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM

-> What is your SAP message number? Did you get already help from SAP support?

-> What is the version of the DB studio you used?

You could initialize, if it was already created, or create the database for restore, them continue with restore.

MAXDB library: http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_8/0d/593e16d5f1419387ed5af33ae9be29/content.htm

If you have use option to Restore the parameters from backup, then in next step you have to adjust the database parameters & data/log volumes configuration for the target database.

Regards, Natalia khlopina