cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh Business Intellegince Web Services automatically in BI4.0

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

I built a Web services from a web intelligence  report and published it. This Web service which is using this web intelligence report uses a Bex connection,

which contains one filter condition based on calendar date. When I set the web intelligence report to automatically refresh on open the BIWS connection is getting failed throwing an error ERR_WIS_30270. I need to know what are the possibilties of refreshing the BIWS connection automatically which picks the latest data in any othere way ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This particular issue has been catered in ADAPT01666501 available in SAP BI 4.0 SP5 patch 6.

Description: The following error message appears when you refresh a QaaWS connection with Date

type prompt in a dashboard:

An internal error occurred while calling 'answerPromptsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

New Behaviour: This problem is resolved.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is definitely with the prompt at BEX query I removed it in the BEX query the web services runs fine.As of now I am good with the issue, Any suggestions on BI web services capability of handling BEX prompts is highly appreciable.

Thanks to everyone who helped me to find solutions about this.

Thanks,

Navin

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please check if you are passing the right date format to WebI prompts? This is the reason you are getting this error.

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zahed,

I am passing the correct date parameter values , If i just removed the option update on refresh its taking the input .

Thanks,

Navin

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said earlier,   you should check how the prompts are constructed etc.

Some trace logs with High level of detail should also help to see what is going on

Please follow Henry's advice as well, SP04 plain is a bit old...

Thanks

Simone

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think the changing the webi document setting 'refresh on open' should cause a bi web-service (i.e. published webi table block) to error.

this doesn't sounds quite right..  Where is the web service being used, and what SP and Patch version are you using?

Regards

H

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi henry,

Thanks for your response, The BI web-service is used in a intranet website of our company and also in Xcelsius Dashboard, We are in BI 4.0 SP4 .

Regarding the issue the Web intelligence block source is a BEX query which passes a parameter for a key date, When I check the webi report as automatic refresh on open it throws an error when we use its service , But when I uncheck that option it doesn't throws me an error.

Thanks,

Navin

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to SP / Patch level it is important to know if the error occurs with a specific DB only, if there are any proxies / firewalls in place, what is the exact error message because WIS 30270 is a broader class of error messages that have subcodes, only the details can point us to the real cause

thanks

Simone

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simone:

This is the error I am getting when I parse the BI webservices:

An internal error occured while calling 'answerPromptsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

Thanks,

Navin

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, this shows that there is something wrong with the prompts, you should check how they are constructed etc.

Some trace logs with High level of detail should also help to see what is going on

PS we are still missing the rest of the information: SP / Patch level, very important  to know

thanks

Simone

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sinmone,

We are at patch level SP04 .

Thanks,

Navin

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you in a position to try a higher Patch4.x ?    we have up to Patch4.13 available, which is 6-9 months of corrections.

Regards,

H

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

We can't go for higher versions of Fix packs or service packs since we have large user base and re-testing has to be done by all the user if anything got upgraded according to company policies. That can be ruled out. This problem is only for a particular instance so I don't think they would accept it.

former_member278879
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anybody has answer to this Question?