Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard report with list of multiple transactions / multiple users who executed x tcodes in x days

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate a report for around 200 transactions. The report should show the users who executed any of those 200 transactions in last 90 days. I tried ST03N and I am able to get a report with the list of users who executed each single tcode and similarly a report with the list of tcodes executed by single user.

But I have around 200 transactions that i need to check. I do not want to check transaction by transaction or user by user as it takes lot of time. Is there any other standard report that will provide me this information.

Thanks,

Sree

14 REPLIES 14

satyabrata_sahoo3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try SM20. It will help you some extent..!   Ensure Audit Log enabled in SM19.

-SS-

0 Kudos

Thanks Satyabrata for your quick reply.

But i think it is the same situation with SM20. You can get report for one tcode at a time and also it is limited based on the log file size.

I am looking for a report for around 200 tcodes.

Thanks,

Sree

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SM20 should be OK for this case.

If you don't specify tcode in search criteria, all tcodes will be shown.

In the result screen, you can define a filter to show the tcodes you want.

If log file size is not enough, you can extend it by setting profile parameters.

Relevant parameters can be seen via SM19->Menu Environment->Profile parameter

Thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks Jim, I will try to run the report through SM20 once i check the config in SM19.

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sree,

The SM20 gives only information when the Audit logs are enabled. The tcode execution is captured in the STAD transaction code. However, STAD can hold the data for a limited time. As as alternative, you can use ST03N transaction code to generate the user transaction execution report. A quick search in google will get more information on how to use ST03N transaction code to generate this report.

Further, if you have GRC 10, use the data mining tools. Also look for some third party "Reverse Business Engineering" tools that are available to get this information/reports quickly.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

I tried ST03N and STAD, only issue i have is that i need to pull report for each tcode. I am looking for some report which gives me all requested tcode report at once.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos

Unfortunately you will find the same problem with multiple sources - what you are trying to do is not that common and there isn't anything which hits your requirements 100%.  You can use ST03N to download large volumes of execution data but you still have to filter out the transactions that you require.  As far as I am aware there is no effective way of making a single selection that extracts only the data for those 200 transactions.  In general the security audit log is more useful for this type of analysis (as it is easier to get the data out) but you do have to have it activated for the period you want the data from.

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This Code Exchange project shows a custom report for reading the ST03N data:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/groups/how-to-use-workload-statistic-to-optimize-authorizations-for-sap-ab...

Using that as a starting point you easily can create a report to copy&paste your list of transactions to its selection screen.

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I have developed something similar to your request in my sistems. First of all you need to define a job for executing program RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS daily (is the same than SM20 but in background).

Now you should send the spool of the job to a file in the server where SAP is running using a special printer. For doing this there is a great paper of Harpreet Singh called "Print to text file at os level".

Once you have a text-form file with the information in the OS, you can use OS tools to send anywhere. I do it with +30 systems and works pretty well (the only restriction is that RSAU_SELECT_EVENTS only exists since 4.5 or 4.6).

Hope it helps,

Félix

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos

Thanks Frank, I will have a look at the custom program

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos

Thanks Felix.

Thanks,

Sree

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to Everyone who responded to my issue.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos

You must be careful of the "translation" of main program names to symbolic transaction names. These can fox you, as the user might be using much more than meats the eye (eg. SE80, SUB%, etc).

Cheers,

Julius