cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API questions in SUP 2.2

0 Kudos

In last couple of days, I was testing this new feature. I am able to use REST services provided for Application connections(registration, view setting, change setting, delete connection etc.), but somehow I couldn't figure out how to call the proxy service (REST service recreated in SCC as proxy). I have been trying to find sample of some information on this, no luck.

I did see a thread that asked similar question, no answer though, let's try it again.

1. Do this REST API only support odata service from netweaver gateway? What about support on third party service(service on internet)?

2. If 3rd party REST service is supported through SUP proxy and REST API, what's the URL to access this service configured in SUP?

--  I have tried http://server:port/<proxyName>, but got Gateway is unreachable error.

I think we could use some sample application on REST API. It is frustrated in SUP world, documentation is never enough.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Wei,

Did you find an answer to your query? I was also looking at a similar scenario wherein I want to use SUP REST API to access an external non-odata REST service.

Regards,

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei Li,

I too was trying the same.I had created a proxy connection in SCC using the 3rd party webservice. I was able to get data using an html application using "http://server:port/<proxyName>".

We like to know how to implement the SUP based features like on boarding, authentication, push, configuration etc, using the REST API exposed.

Does anyone some sample code or proper documentation for the same.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can refer to "Developer Guide: REST API Applications 2.2 SP03" under "Mobile Application Development" in the link below:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp;jsessionid=1cvfr43o9yekh?docset=/com.sybase.infocenter.p...

Also, for which platform are you looking for sample code? iOS/Android?

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Thank you for the reply.

We have refered to the above mentioned developer guide. We are not creating a native application but trying to use the rest apis to be consumed using a html5 based application. For android and iOS there are turorials instructing how the native supported apis for SUP to be imported into the application.

We are able to get as a proxy as mentioned in the developer guide mentioned by you.

But we are unable to perform other actions like Create Application Connection, Get Application settings etc..

Can anybody guide us in right direction on how to achieve the same?

Also we were wondering how to register device and link it to application like its being done in the iOS/android using html5 application.Also what all monitoring features are available for html5 application with rest apis.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Vivek,

I believe the rest sdk is available for iOS and Android only for now. I'm afraid you might have to make direct Http calls to achieve them in case of a HTML5 based application.

Regards,

Suhas

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wei Li,

Can you please check whether the proxy url is reachable from the machine where scc is installed?

-to check that just hit the proxy url from the browser.

-If it is reachable from the browser, please check the proxy settings in scc.

goto servers -->specific server -->server configuration --> General tab --> user options.

thanks & regards,

Shivakishore

0 Kudos

Thanks for the post, Anchuri.

I did check the proxy URL from server in browser. It is reachable. I also had firewall turned off.

As for checking user options in scc, do you mean checking proxy setting? I think I am referring to online data proxy, not the proxy for web.

shivakishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wei li,

Please refer the following link and change the properties of SAP Control center accordingly to access the rest service which is in the internet .

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01929.0230/doc/html/aba13...

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Does that mean we can access non odata services using the REST APIs?

Regards,

B

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For port have you tried port 8000?  I believe the properties of the SUP server can be viewed in SCC under Servers > server_name > Properties.

0 Kudos

Yes, I know the port is 8000, otherwise I wouldn't be able to run application connection and setting related REST services. I think my question is more weighing on No. 1. Thanks for reply.