Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Studio missing after installation

he_vis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After installation on a Windows platform, the Developer Studio is missing.

On this platform, Developer Studio was installed, but apparently not completely or correctly removed

Can anyone tell how I can "force" the installation to (re)install the Developer Studio if I am unable to restore the original Developer Studio Settings?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im assuming this is the SDNPreview. Given that I will explain how the installation works. Developer Studio is part of the preview and installed unless you de-selected it under "custom". Also Developer Studio has a rule that it can only be installed once per system. The installation keeps all of its information in an installation registry. If you remove developer studio by yourself without using the uninstall then you will be in this situation. The only thing to do is to then delete the installation registry. However before you do this you will need to uninstall the engine and then start over. This registry is the location for all installation / uninstallation information and once you remove it you would no longer be able to uninstall. After you have uninstalled the engine please delete :

<ProgramFiles>\CommonFiles\InstallShield\Universal\SAP\

After that you can install again.

he_vis
Explorer
0 Kudos

This did the trick!

Thanks very much for the replies.

Hans Eric

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hopefully also works for you.

Best Regards,

Vladimir

he_vis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Valdimir,

Unfortunatley, neither of these two did; that is why I raised this post.

Do you know if the installer can be configured in such a way that the installation of Developer Studio is mandatory (some registry settings or so)?

Hans Eric