cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL09 (Reverse Goods Movement) issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue while reversing the goods movement in VL09.

I have created a returns order followed by a returns delivery and returns credit memo. This is an inter company scenario so one more invoice also is created for the credit returns.

Please see Attached Screenshots for better visibility

I have already cancelled the inter company invoice and the original credit invoice in VF11 and trying to reverse the PGI / PGR in VL09 but the system is giving me an error saying "The delivery has already been fully invoiced"

Please suggest me how to deal with this. (I want to reverse the Goods Movement anyhow)

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

pls find the error message details below.

i wonder why the system is asking me to CONFIRM MORE PICKING ORDERS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tabish,

I tried checking the document flow for the original sales order but i am unable to locate the sales order in any of the document flow views.

I am confused as to what relation the original sales order might have to this? i mean the problem is with the wrong RE order only so the system should ideally let me reverse the goods movement in VL09 for the RE delivery irrespective of the original sales order right?

Pls suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

continued...

continued...

these all are returns delivery number for the RE order shown above. you can see that both the invoice documents have been correctly cancelled for each of the RE delivery.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you document flow is okkk, but once try VL09 , then double click error message pl share message number ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhant,

Please check the document flow of the Original sales Doc, what T W mentioned above. The above screenshot just shows the document flow from the Returns order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

T W,

Thats the whole problem.

I don;t think i can create a new RE and keep this wrong RE as it is (PGR is already done for this)

I mean if i keep the old incorrect RE as it is and then create a new correct RE then i i would be doubling the PGR quantity. Also, will the system allow me to create a new RE with reference to the original sales order when old RE already exists and is completed?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhant,

Shall the system allow to create a new RE order w.r.t. the sales order depends upon the copy control settings (in your client system).

As a test, go to VA01, create with reference a RE order, don't save the RE order.

This way you shall know if the system allows you or not.

About doubling of stock, you / user can lessen the stock directly.

So there would not be doubling of stock.

With all the above, document it well, test it in your DEV system, think if there could be any impacts, discuss with Keyusers of the business; before going forward get the approval (in email).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

i have already checked both the credit memo documents and they have the cancelled check box checked at header level.

Also, the data which i need to change in the sales order is the sales area. the users have entered the wrong sales area for the RE order so the whole pricing etc is wrong and wrong taxes have been calculated.

The system will not let me change the sales area unless and until i cancel / reverse all the subsequent documents, it will not let me change the order or cancel it.

This is a weird error..... never seen before..

pls suggest,

Siddhant

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you share the return delivery document flow screen shot , and full process document flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes T W,

yes i understand its late and not logical or advised but the users have done a blunder in creating the RE order. They have entered the wrong sales area in the RE ORder due to which all the tax calculations (MWST For EU) is wrong.

The wrong sales area for the RE order is a wrong assignment and it would affect all the relev ant posting so we have to change the sales area for the RE order.

As per Sankar's reply above, can i just change the sales area in VA02 even when there are active subsequent documents for my RE order? I have not much of an exposure to inter company sales so am a bit confused here.

Please suggest

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhant,

I donot think the system would permit you to change the sales area of the sales order in VA02.

Better would be to create a new (correct) RE order.

The previous (inaccurate) RE order put a billing block at both header and item level.

In Tab Text you can give more information, as to why billing should not be done for this RE order.

In inventory / stock, see that for the same Return from customer, you are not doubling the quantity of goods received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi TW & Sarthak,

please see the screenshot above

The intercompany billing status is fully invoiced.

do you want to imply that this is because the End customer invoice for the original order (not the returns order) is completed and i need to cancell that original invoice also in VF11?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in your screen shot shows inter company billing in fully invoice,

this invoice is not canceled ,

you have created two credit memos with reference to return order 

first check the both credit memos(vf03, vf02) header level , cancelled field activated or not ,

and also check the inter company credit memo billing type in VOFA, What is cancelling document type assigned ,

both will check ,

Yes i want to reverse the returns delivery i.e. PGR because the returns order has some wrong values so i need to reverse the goods movement for this delivery in VL09 and then cancel the delivery and then make changes to the returns order in VA02 and then reprocess the same cycle.

in return order level values its enter wrong , why you reverse the delivery , just go to va02 change the values and create the new credit memo ,

regards

sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhant,

Check after cancelling the RE intercompany billing document still in the delivery item level why field Intercompany Bill = C.

I think this is the reason why you can not reverse the PGI.

Take the RE intercompany billing document and check in VF03. What does the system say?

Could you please tell me what change you want to do in the RE order?

After giving back money to the End customer, and giving back money to the "internal vendor" (Delivering company code), the business want to change the details of the RE delivery - Don't you think it is a little late for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sarthak,

Please check the attachment with my post, you will see the message screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi TW,

I would check this and let you know. however according to my knowledge, both the invoices (end customer invoice and internal invoice are cancelled. still i will confirm)

Do you here mean to say that i should check the original sales order and not the returns order for this one? in case of goods movement reversal, what connection will the original sales order have to the returns order? i mean the original sales order is correct and have no problems. its the RE that i want to rectify

Thanks,

Siddhant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Santosh & TW

I have already cancelled both the invoices i.e. the original returns credit memo and the inter company internal credit memo. There is no other billing document active for this one.

I checked the VBFA as well but both the invoices have already been cancelled.

Hi TW,

Yes i want to reverse the returns delivery i.e. PGR because the returns order has some wrong values so i need to reverse the goods movement for this delivery in VL09 and then cancel the delivery and then make changes to the returns order in VA02 and then reprocess the same cycle.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhant,

In the document flow I do not see the billing document to the End customer (this is one of the two billing documents created in the intercompany sale process - along with the Internal billing document).

I suggest you go to the Original sales order, see the document flow there.

Check if both the billing documents are cancelled.

To verify, check the delivery (of normal sales process) at Header level, Tab Processing, field Bill. Doc. is it A (Not yet processed)?

Do the same check for the RE delivery.

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhant,

Could you share the Message ID details related to reversing the Goods Movement transaction for the Return Scenario ?

Thanks,

Sarthak

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siddhant,

From initial assessment, I am not clear about the objective!

What are you trying to do?

You want to reverse the goods receipt (pertaining to the RE return process)? What does that mean in terms of physical movement of goods?

Anyway, from your document flow, try the below:

1. Cancel the RE credit memo (billing document)

2. The try to reverse the PGR (related to RE delivery)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it is an intercompany scenario, you have to cancel Both Customer Invoice as well as Intercompany Invoice

Check in Table VBFA for your delivery whether any Subsequent Billing document exists which has to be cancelled

regards,

santosh