cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII Runner with XML content as input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a integration scenario, where in the java tool is sending me the XML content via HTTP to XMII Runner URL (URL which is calling BLS Transactions and this BLS Transaction accepts the XML input and processes the same).

But, I am not able to see the input XML in my BLS Transaction on receipt of the request from the java tool.

Help required for handling the XML input via HTTP request to MII.

Thanks in advance

R. Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasanna, Declare your Global input property type as string in BLS. Once you get that string,convert to XML by StringtoXMLParser action block.

This definitely works..i have implemented this scenario many times.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the response.

But the input is coming from a third party tool via HTTP Post method with a XML Payload. I need to receive this XML Payload and process the same.

URL:

http://ipaddress:port/XMII/Runner?Transaction=Project/MI/Transactions/Machine_Integration_Main_Trn

&IllumLoginName=xxxxx&IllumLoginPassword=xxxxx

The XML Payload is in the Request Body of the HTTP Request that is being sent by the Machine.

I have done as input as string but still i dont see the xml reaching the transaction.

R. Prasanna

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanna,

You could try using the XMIIMESSAGELISTENER available under Message Services in SAP MII which is able to accept an XML payload through HTTP Post using the following URL : http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServer&NAME=...

You can then use the standard features of the SAP MII Message services such as the Message Monitor and process the message either through :

1. Message Processing Rules

2. Scheduled Transaction using the Message Services Action Blocks

This provides much more functionality and ease of use for this particular scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abesh,

Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful.

But i need to pass the credentials alongwith the URL when i am sending the HTTP Post from a third party system.

Is there any other configuration so we can avoid the credentials passing via HTTP Post.

like Certificate, trusted system, etc....

with regards,

R. Prasanna

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know there is no other way. BTW are you passing the credentials as parameters to the URL ?  I think a better approach would be to use Basic Authentication since XMIIMessageListener supports this and is a better approach than passing the parameters in the URL.

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)