cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login with SAP*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to revoke my SAP-Testing-System. I need to update the license and login with SAP*. I can't figure out the password. The only default I found was PASS and 06071992 but they don't work. I am even sure I didn't changed the SAP*-Default. It's a Netweaver 7.02 NSP. Is there another default?

best regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

Agree with Michael.......... just set the parameter as suggested & restart. No need to delete the sap* user.

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter allows login with user sap* & password pass if user sap* doesn't exist. If it does exist, but with an unknown password, then you really do need to delete it first. Former Member is correct.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strike! I am in

I did it be setting this parameter and deleting SAP* from usr02. The instance name was NSP (I think it's the default) so I had to login with nspadm like this:

sqlcli -d NSP -u nspadm,<pass>

best regards and thank you!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in, thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a NetWeaver 7 system, you will have been asked during the installation process what password to use for all the defaults, including the default sap* password. The old "06071992" password no longer works. You might have made a note of the password in your installation notes?

Otherwise, as has been said below, delete sap* user directly in the DB and set "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" profile parameter appropriately. This needs to be set in the instance profile, not the default profile. Then you can login to the client with user "sap*" and password "pass".

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for quick response.

I try to delete the user from db by connection with sqlcli. If I want to delete or select from usr02 i get an error: Connection failed (RTE:Database name is missing).

Any ideas how to connect? I also tried SAPNSP.usr02 ... but no success.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is to be done with following steps:

1)Set the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0

2)Delete the user with the following command :

delete from SAPSR3."usr02" where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '300'

Here SAPSR3 is your schema name and you can check this by logging into SAP then SYSTEM--->Status and check the database owner name which can replace the SAPSR3

3)You can make your SAP* user permanent by hardcodiing/creating with tcode SU01 and provide the profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW,In this way you can reset the password whenever you want.

For more refrence use this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/671792439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Log onto the database as user SYSDBA in the SQLStudio

Execute the sql command

delete from usr02 where mandt=000 and bname='SAP*'

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 will allow the login using sap* and pass - as this user is pulled from the kernel ... i would say its a kernel user. So no need to delete the sap* from DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, this mechanism only kicks in if no proper SAP* user exists. You really do have to delete the user from the DB first.

Steve.

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

please read Note 68048. There exists a profile parameter:

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

This parameter has to be set to "0" if you want to log in with user "sap*".

Hope that helps.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

first you have to put parameter (login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0)in instance profile

and then delete SAP* user at database level and restart application server

login as sap*& pass is the password

try this it will work