SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB - Special Periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We want to post Budget (FMBB) by giving special periods in 'period' field (period 13). But we are able to see only 12 periods here,

not able to see special periods in 'periods' field.

Kindly suggest how to enable special periods in FMBB.

Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Regards

TP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Special periods in budget should be supported only for carry-over activities.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Special periods in budget should be supported only for carry-over activities.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli

Thanks for the reply, but how to post Budget in special periods, since we are posting few invoices in the month of April (adjustment entries in special periods). So for avoiding budget exceed error cases we need to create budgeting document by giving special period 13.

Kindly suggest...

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, do you really have a budget on monthly basis? Did you implement 'budget period' object for this or some workaround? Because, otherwise, the budget is checked on an annual basis. Second, Fm period is derived from FM posting date, which is in its turn derived from FI posting date. So, no posting is created in special period in FM tables, when you post FI document in a special period.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Eli,We are using monthly budget with work around solution.

Suppose if I am giving posting date as 31.03.2012 and giving 'period 13' (instead of 12) in FI invoice postings, then FI invoice would be posted in period 13.  I think FM actual line item will be generated in the period of 13th. I am I correct?

In this case how can I create the budgeting document to avoid budget related errors?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it would be 13th. But, the question is where your budget is set. It should be on some FM object and not on the period (in a standard solution). AVC mechanism does not look at posting period as such, but works on FM objects. So, if you have monthly-based budget solution, you must have used some FM object to represent the month.

0 Kudos

TPT CLR,

Please note that special periods (even in FI) are subdivisions of the last period in the year. As Eli said the budget check will still happen against the annual budget (standard) or the FM Object you used to represent the month.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the information,  I agree with your words.

Only my concern is while posting of FI invoice if we give special period as 13 for adjustment entries posting (Posting date as 31.03.2012) we can have an option to track this document as adjustment entry based on the posting period 13 on the document .

But coming to Budget document creation (FMBB) we don't have an option to give posting period as 13,  even though it is not relevant to Budget AVC check only I am asking to know budget document details s whether these budget documents for adjustment entry or some thing else etc.,

Any how thanks for information

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FMBB behaviour is the standard one. Special periods are not eligible for normal budget entry; only carry-forward process could use them.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thank u so much...

Regards

TPT

atif_amin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello TPT CLR,

It would be of great help if you could please share the work around solution for monthly budget that you have used.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Atif