SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FICO consultants Looking to explore Oil&Gas industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

As an SAP FICO consultant who is looking to get into Oil&Gas Industry , What Homework is required and configuration to know ?

Regards

Adam

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Review the downstream and upstream processes.  You need to understand the business before you start with SAP functionality.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

I second the other reply you received, that knowledge of the business process details will be key to your success in the oil & gas field.  There are lots of opportunities for Upstream Industry training in North America from University programs as well as Industry groups/societies.  In fact a certification is available in Upstream O&G accounting should you desire to pursue this route.  If you are more interested in self learning, I would recommend you search the internet for O&G accounting textbooks to do your research and preparation.  Once equipped with this knowledge, then start looking into the IS-Oil modules from SAP.

Regards, 

Gene

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam:

I am SAP FICO ,FSCM ,PS and Business Process Optimizer ,Oil and GAS and done three Implementation on Down stream and 7 on other

I can acknowledge you if you have good experience of Production planning ,MM ,SD with respect to integration its deemed to be an easy with good accounting background is must.You can enter it with any time but please don't forget to follow the pre requisite which you have to follow any ways as an Starter like training  document and SAP jargon

We have an experience of  doing the process

• Exchange
  • Quantity conversion Index
  • transport Distribution
  • SPW
  • Ship Sales