Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert multiple OTF spool requests to PDF

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Scenario:

Performing CUUC of SAP 4.7 Enterprise to ERP 6.0 EHP6. Upgrade is finished and now we are running pre-unicode conversion steps. During the SPUMG run, we got following warning.

There are OTF spool requests still waiting to be printed.

We have about 5000 OTF spool requests. Running report RSTXPDFT4 and FM CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF converts only 1 request at a time.

This way it would take very long time.

Please let me know if there is a way to convert mass requests? Or is there any other way to deal with this situation?

Thanks

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

Not sure why but when I select the time period of an year in the report RSBCS_CONVERT_OTF_FOR_UNICODE,I get NULL selection. Whereas I can see there are 5000 OTF Spool requests.

Is OTF spool requests different to OTF documents?

Thanks

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be right... SAP Note 842767 - Problems with old spool requests after Unicode conversion specifically mentions "Unfortunately, OTF requests (smart forms and SAPscript) cannot be converted AFTER." and also mention a few alternatives that can be used before the unicode conversion.

Regards, Juan

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Right I followed that Note 842767 and it asks to run report which converts OTF spool request to PDF one by one. I have about 5000 OTF spool requests.

My oirginal question was how can we convert mass OTF requests to PDF?

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With a lot of patience ...  

Maybe you can get you abaper to write a routine.

Regards, Juan