Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic restart of failure messages in Adapter engine

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our production Landscape, one of the Target integrated system is going to be down for 5 hours.
There are few interfaces belonging to this Target system. (data flow is SAP ECC to PI to Target system in Asynchrnous mode). we are using PI 7.1 .

During the Target system Shutdown time, it is likely that all the messages for this target system will stuck in error in PI-Adapter engine (Communicaiton channel).

so my question is, how to restart the processing of all such failure message from PI Adapter engine. (Number of error messages will be in Thousands).

Will it be automatic restart or manually to be done once the Target system will be UP???

Looking for your opinion please.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find the online help for these background jobs at Performing Background Processing -> Background Job Types.

Restarting Job

Used for restarting messages with errors.

Instead of restarting messages with errors manually in message monitoring, you can schedule a job to restart these messages automatically. This is possible for all messages for which the number of defined restart attempts has been exceeded (messages with the system error status). For more information, see Monitoring Messages.

For jobs of this type you can define the following parameters and values:

•   MAX-RESTART determines the number of times the system should try to restart the messages. When setting this parameter, enter a positive integer number.
  •   RESTART-BLACKLISTED determines whether this job should restart blacklisted messages or not. When setting this parameter, enter a Boolean value, either true or false. For more information, see Administrator Tasks for Blacklisting.

Regards

Mark

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jagesh,

You can restart failed messages(system error) from RWB-> Message monitoring . As you are saying you have to restart more than thousand messages , above method is not applicable (it will take lot of time).

you can create a background job in adapter engine. To create a job (RWB->component monitoring -> Adapter engine->Background processing (next to communication channel monitoring in status tab)),Now follow the below steps

1.Now click on create , give job name, start date and time  and save

2.Now Edit same job (which created in step 1),go to rule tab and add rules (sender component , interface (sender interface) and receiver component ) and save.

3.click on start now , to start the background job.

Regards

Hari.

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what should be the Job Type during the BG job creation and i think Job Type is the Key parameter to decide the nature of the Job.

i know through the message monitoring, i can choose select all option and then RESEND funciton. but it will be manually.

Here requirement is to automatically restart the failed messages in Adapter engine?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Jagesh

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Job type is Restart.

Set date and time when receiver system is going to UP again.

Regards

Hari.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

i have checked this link and i have visited the funciton (in componenet monitoring-Adapter Engine - Background processing funciton) in PI produciton system.

I can see as of now total three BG jobs are scheduled there, one of them having the Job Type as RECOVER and having the name as 'Default Recover Job'. This job is currently scheduled with the frequency of 24 hours.

my question is, is this the job with job type as RECOVER which will restart the failed messages in Adapter engine (exceeded with the number of retries)??

please guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagesh,

I believe you need to manually restart the failed messages.

In ABAP stack(SXMB_MONI) you can scheduled the job the restart the failed messages.

Regads,
Ashish