cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicate order changes in an order response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - A customer wants us to communicate any changes we made to their order, in the order response IDoc we send them (ORDRSP).

These changes are typically at the line level, and could include substituted items, quantity and price variations etc.

The outbound order response IDoc does have a line level 'action' field (E1EDP01-ACTION) -- but this seems change to '001' only for delivery schedule changes.

Does SAP have any way of communicating quantity/price changes (say, made in 'VA03') in the ORDRSP IDoc?

Regards

sonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sonam,

Though i am not much of a expert in this area, But i would suggest with the help of Technical Consultant, could you check the program -- IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS or IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDCHG function module so that the specific areas related to "substituted items, quantity and price variations" can be traced out ?

Thanks,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarthak -- I'm no expert either, but I'll pass this suggestion on to my colleagues!

I think IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS is more applicable then IDOC_OUTPUT_ORGCHG because from what I know, the ORDCHG IDoc type is always sent by the buyer to the seller.

In this case, my organisation is the seller. It  needs to send back 'item change' information in the ORDRSP IDoc sent to the buyer.

regards

Sonam

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with ORDCHG instead of ORDRSP,

In the ORDCHG you can check if the Price segment E1EDP05, if not you can add it to Basic type in WE31

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh, but isn't the ORDCHG IDoc type always sent by the buyer to the seller?

My organisation is the seller, and the buyer has requested we send back the 'item change' information in the ORDRSP IDoc.

regards,

Sonam