cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport import reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced a situation where I need to test whether a transport request import resolves the problem (obviously on sandbox ). Import does not resolve the problem, instead corrupts a ABAP program by introducing a refrence object that does not exist in ABAP dictionary.

My question - is anyone aware of a workaround for reverting the changes done by this import apart from restoring last backup or by checking versions of all objects that were imported in this transport request?

The answer can be very useful.

So who knows... -)

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Smithi, but I am looking for any other workaround. Other than version comparision or restoring the previous database.

Although prior to import, creating a change request containing all relevant objects and release it, prior to testing the import, is a good idea.

Any other ideas are welcome. Is there anything that can be donw through tp or R3trans?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can revert your old changes by going to the Version Management option in Utilities Menu.

Or else you can also check SPAU transaction.

or else restore all the changes if you have an existing released request of the previous objects, if there download that request and again import into the system.

Please take back ups wherever needed.

Regards.